• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jacob4091

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2020
    Houston TX
    I have only sold 22s and an old 38 taurus revolver, I figure the type of people that would be interested in stuff like that are lower risk then say If I was selling one of my AR's or AKs (Will never sell these BTW).

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I have only sold 22s and an old 38 taurus revolver, I figure the type of people that would be interested in stuff like that are lower risk then say If I was selling one of my AR's or AKs (Will never sell these BTW).
    In case you need reinforcement on that... I've sold one SKS when I was in a tight spot and needed a computer for work. I still regret it. I've tried to contact the purchaser, but it was a couple of years later and he must have changed his number or something. I also owe him a part from it (unless he wants to sell it back to me). I'd love to get it back, even expecting that it will cost me several hundred dollars more than I sold it for.

kingjoey5000

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    I have sold a lot of guns in private transactions at shows, as well as via online, I have always felt it wasn't my job to judge the person buying, and never paid mind to it or put to much thought into it. Ultimately its Houston, if someone is motivated they will find a gun regardless. Im glad we still have the freedom to do that in Texas.

Jacob4091

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2020
    Houston TX
    I once refused to sell a 38 revolver to some 18 year old kid. Even if it's legal I am still liable in a civil proceeding so in my opinion the down side is way larger then the upside, not worth the risk. CYA, always.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I once refused to sell a 38 revolver to some 18 year old kid. Even if it's legal I am still liable in a civil proceeding so in my opinion the down side is way larger then the upside, not worth the risk. CYA, always.

Welcome to the Forum!

Rango

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2019
    Aledo, TX
    I'm thinking about selling my FN 5.7 pistol with about 1,000 rounds of ammo, but I've never sold to an individual.

I've done a few trade-ins for new guns, but never sold to a person.

Are there laws that I need to know, forms that need to be filled out, etc?

Thanks!
    Totally fair question. I'm surprised at some of the responses in among the helpful ones.
    I had a FS ad here, just marked them sold and put them back in the safe because of the hassle from some...

Top Bottom