• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Ok... now I understand the question. It's a 1.93" mount. Not sure why it looks like 5". The research I did suggested that height is good for over-all standing/bench shooting. The draw back I saw most mentioned was in the prone position it can be a bit of a PITA.
    Texas SOT

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    It's just the foam makes the scope look a lot smaller and higher than it really is I suppose. Optical illusion

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Shot both of'em today - Mostly the LaRue. Zack sighted the Razor in for me. After that bench rest @ 50 yds I was doing pretty good staying in the bullseye - for the most part. The iron sights was shooting high - by 6-8". Try as we might could not raise the front sight so put it back in the case pretty quick. Ran M855, M193 and .223 through the LaRue.@ 50 yds. didn't see much difference in the groupings. I'd run rounds through it until the barrel got so hot you couldn't touch it. At that time the groupings went to hell in a hand basket. Soooo... learned to shhot some and cool some. All-in-all productive day at the range. If y'all ain't never been to see Zack at the Clear Creek Gun Range(outdoor range). You ought to! Thanks for all the help today Zack - Really appreciated it!!!

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I have a Steiner P4Xi in an ADG 1.93 recon mount, and it's super comfortable to shoot. I really dig it. The mount came with the Steiner when I bought it used, or I probably would have gone lower. Happy coincidences.

Top Bottom