137.9 KB · Views: 457

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Not trying to influence your choices, but I had settled on many before I had gotten my latest. Look for the pros and cons. Especially when you are spending the kind of money that some can cost, do a lot of research. If you can, shoot the ones you like or at least find one that you can hold. At this time I only have one 1911, but it turns out that it is the handgun I would trust my life the most, so now it's my EDC, and I don't regret spending every dollar for it.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Money spent up front on a 1911 is not wasted. Imho save up for a dan wesson or something like a trp

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I've never owned one. Shot one once for military qualification many years ago. One of those genuine US GI models. If felt good in my hand and I couldn't seem to miss the pop up targets.

I already own a couple of polymer handguns in 45 ACP. A Shield and an XDm 3.8 Compact. When I came across this Springfield Ronin Operator it really caught my eye.

View attachment 214180

https://www.shootingillustrated.com...wsletter&utm_medium=insider&utm_campaign=0520

I've found some online for $700-$759, but alas, not in stock. Is there another comparable model or brand in that price range that I should be looking at and comparing? I really like the looks of the Ruger SR1911 too. Or is this one worth waiting for?

Bozz10mm,

I cannot say about the Ruger BUT can, with certainty, tell you that FOR THE MONEY that it is HARD to beat either the TISAS 1911A1 GI "clone" OR their .45ACP "DUTY MODEL", out of Turkey.
    (The DUTY MODEL seems fully equal to a 1500.oo "customized" GM for about 1/3 of the price AND the "GI clone" seems just like the ones that I carried for > 2 decades on AD..)

Check them out on www.classicfirearms.com

NO, I do NOT work for Classic Firearms BUT am just a satisfied customer.

NOTE: I "picked up on sale" a TISAS ZIGANA-K for 229.oo plus S&H and am so impressed with the 9mm pistol's quality (even though it is very "Plain Jane", as is appropriate for a "fighting pistol"), that it is NOW my EDC handgun.
    (Most shooters, who have examined it, think that it's about a 600.oo+ pistol.)

just my opinions, satx

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Money spent up front on a 1911 is not wasted. Imho save up for a dan wesson or something like a trp
    Both were on my list when I bought the S&W Precision Center. I just found through research and handling that for the money, the S&W was the better choice.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Op picked a good one. Say what you will about Springfield armory but they offer a good 1911. Mine hasn’t had any hang ups and the locking lugs are as good as new. Eats whatever.

solid choice. only thing I did to mine was take the full length guide out and go with a gi recoil system.

Top Bottom