Join TexasGunTalk

Think your place is secure?

Discussion in 'Home Preparedness and Shelters' started by toddnjoyce, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Churchmouse

Churchmouse Active Member

Nov 22, 2017
    Indy west
    We are completing the camera security this weekend. Just 3 more lines to run through the attic and hook it all up. It is easy to see the cameras by intent. WE have two property's next to each other with a common back yard. Every square inch is covered. I am adding cameras inside later to cover the safes. They will be hidden. Both systems (2 houses. daughter lives in one we are in the other) are cell phone accessible by them and us.
    The doors are on pined hinges. The dead bolts and handle strikers have re-enforced receivers set into the house frame work. It will take some serious effort to un-hinge them. Steel security screen doors set up the same way.

Yes you could come through a window. But we are looking at the 3-M film product line to reinforce them as well. No fortress is impenetrable. But slowing them down is key. And as already mentioned a hardened target might deter.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  2. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    What Arms Room? I had a tragic boating and all my firearms sank with the boat.

pronstar likes this.
  3. Saintgunner74

Saintgunner74 Shooting for peace TGT Supporter

Nov 27, 2018
    Devine TX(San Antonio area)
    Ac piped in and it has a spot to allow fresh air in and out. I am currently sitting in here studying for a promotional exam. Nice and quiet...

4. Saintgunner74

Saintgunner74 Shooting for peace TGT Supporter

Nov 27, 2018
    Devine TX(San Antonio area)
    One wall... underneath guns is all Ammo storage.

Attached Files:

5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well done.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  6. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Banned

Jan 5, 2012
    HK

7. gshayd

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I.E. making your neighbors easier targets. Cameras are great. This weekend my brother in law was setting up cameras and we noticed that the cameras, when hit with bright sunlight, didn't set off the motion sensors all the time.

8. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I also live in kind of a ghetto apartment complex (not too terrible but definitely not luxury) I rely on the fact that most people around here don't have nice shit in order to keep a low profile myself.

9. gshayd

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    No place is 100% secure. The thing to remember is to delay them as much as possible. Make sure on your block you are the hardest house to break into. Don't advertise by setting out boxes of what you purchased. I even shred my mail with any information on it.

10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Where I live either they live out here or they're lost. Over 600' from the house to the gate and 8 cameras (with motion alert) recording 24x7 cover both houses. 18 motion lights in 3 zones and motion alarms at both gates. The house isn't impregnable but you can't get near it that I dont know well in advance. I work from home so I'm nearly always here, best I can do for now.

ZX9RCAM and Dad_Roman like this.