• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    That's a wonderful way to pick up a nice old gun for cheap. If I wanted a shooter (and at this point in my life, all I want are shooters), I'd actually look for defaced items like that.

You should see my PPK/S that I got for practically free.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    My buddy got a steal in a S&W Model 40 because it had someone's initials engraved on the side plate. I told him that he could change the side plate but he didn't care.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Hey nobody forced you to buy it.
    See below.
    That's a wonderful way to pick up a nice old gun for cheap. If I wanted a shooter (and at this point in my life, all I want are shooters), I'd actually look for defaced items like that.
    Exactly. That's why I posted a picture of it in the revolver thread saying it's one of my favorites to shoot. I'm addition, I probably wouldn't have been given the chance to buy it otherwise.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    My dad engraved his TDL number under the grip panels of all his handguns.

Keeping with the original poster's idea of things we were told to do that we now realize as a bad idea:

Getting a sunburn at least twice a year so you could exfoliate. Now I go to the dermatologist twice a year to have the pre-cancerous growths removed from my back and chest.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    A friend inherited the .22 his grandfather had as a kid and it was gummed up from decades of neglect. He asked me to clean it and get it working again because he didn't trust his own ability and, while disassembling it, I found his grandfather's hunting license from 1947 rolled and stuffed into the hole behind the buttplate.

It was in perfect condition. Because he was a good friend, I pressed it flat and had it mounted in a frame on acid-free paper and gave it to him when I returned the gun.

It was gratifying to see the connection it made between him and his grandfather. It also made his sons and daughter see his grandfather as someone other than just a historical figure that existed only in stories about "back on granddad's farm..."

Cool stuff. I'd keep the slide as-is.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Do you have the SN of the 70" TV written down?

This part may actually be a bad idea. With the rapid advances in TV technology, and the way the prices keep dropping, a serial number might prove how old the technology in your tv was so the insurance might pay a lower amount to replace with the lower technology standard (assuming you have RCV on your contents) A photo that shows the approximate size might be a better idea.

Top Bottom