• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Banning drones is a giant douch move.
    But it was for "special security". Think of the children!

True story, back in late 2001, I was tangentially involved in developing a new peacetime airspace control measures know as temporary flight restrictions. Back then, there was only one type and it was controlled by NORAD or USSS, the FAA was given a courtesy notice to publish it.

Since then, that little idea now spans four categories of airspace closures, just about any government agency can request them, and the FAA routinely rubber stamps them. Lots of abuse with those things nowadays.

One of the few things in my military career I regret having been involved with.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    True story, back in late 2001, I was tangentially involved in developing a new peacetime airspace control measures know as temporary flight restrictions. Back then, there was only one type and it was controlled by NORAD or USSS, the FAA was given a courtesy notice to publish it.

Since then, that little idea now spans four categories of airspace closures, just about any government agency can request them, and the FAA routinely rubber stamps them. Lots of abuse with those things nowadays.

How much vodak would it take to find out what "tangentially involved" means?
    Advisory role?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    How much vodak would it take to find out what "tangentially involved" means?
    Advisory role?

I was sitting in an overcrowded room at Tinker who was given the problem to solve for. I’d gladly tell the story over a bourbon or two and cigars. A couple years later, I was invited to help write a tactical employment manual for air defense of the United States. My name is on the list of authors, but it’s a classified document so no one will ever see it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Yeah, you created a fucking mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Well this image seems to be gaining traction today.
    844bb0059ea6bf334810ac938b0b8dab.jpg

Of course, the current admin is says the problem is BP LEOs are racist.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I was sitting in an overcrowded room at Tinker who was given the problem to solve for. I’d gladly tell the story over a bourbon or two and cigars. A couple years later, I was invited to help write a tactical employment manual for air defense of the United States. My name is on the list of authors, but it’s a classified document so no one will ever see it.
    Will you get a star on a wall when you die?

Top Bottom