Lynx Defense

They no longer build beautiful hunting guns like they used to.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    the funny thing is that your elcheapo walmart savage in .270 whatever will probably shoot better than any 5000 dollar top of the line hunting rifle of yesteryear, but as the old sayin' goes technology marches on, though TBH I prefer the AR15 as my hunting gun of choice.
    I guess you own no classic firearms if you did you'd know first hand that some do shoot as well and some shoot bettter when comparing apples to apples.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I guess you own no classic firearms if you did you'd know first hand that sum do shoot as well and some shoot bettter when comparing apples to apples.
    You're wasting breath on that member. He's simply trolling and hasn't got the first clue as to what he's talking about. Just read some of his past posts and draw your own conclusions.

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I guess you own no classic firearms if you did you'd know first hand that some do shoot as well and some shoot bettter when comparing apples to apples.
    CZ75 Pre B wood grips.jpg

im pretty sure a 1990 Czechoslovakian CZ75 Pre B is a classic. but I'm also sure by your metric wheellocks are a passing fad.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    And the prices to match the beauty !

Yes they do. But back when wood ruled it was in high demand, plentiful and cheap. Now that is synthetics, stainless or parkerizing.

There are plenty of rifle makers that offer beautiful wood in them but they will
    come at a premium price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    the funny thing is that your elcheapo walmart savage in .270 whatever will probably shoot better than any 5000 dollar top of the line hunting rifle of yesteryear, but as the old sayin' goes technology marches on, though TBH I prefer the AR15 as my hunting gun of choice.

I HIGHLY doubt the accuracy part of your post. Like all things advances in metallurgy and machining tolerances have improved greatly.

I’ve never seen any off the shelf, mass produced rifle shoot as accurately as a custom and I own quite a few of each.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I HIGHLY doubt the accuracy part of your post. Like all things advances in metallurgy and machining tolerances have improved greatly.

I’ve never seen any off the shelf, mass produced rifle shoot as accurately as a custom and I own quite a few of each.

Don't you know, well-heeled hunters prefer to spend $5K plus on rifles that are less accurate than sub $500 guns according to that "expert".

I suspect that "expert" has never seen, much less handled or shot a $5K plus rifle in his short lifetime to be able to make such a comparison.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Don't you know, well-heeled hunters prefer to spend $5K plus on rifles that are less accurate than sub $500 guns according to that "expert".

I suspect that "expert" has never seen, much less handled or shot a $5K plus rifle in his short lifetime to be able to make such a comparison.
    He's a character for sure.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    gotta build your own hunting gun...

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk
    There are SO many wonderful firearms from the 1930's thru the 1960's which perform as well as any new guns and for less money. Steyr Mannlichers can be had for under a thousand, custom guild Mausers for $750, Sakos for around a thousand...early Ruger safe queens for $500.

Top Bottom