Join TexasGunTalk

They are just protesters until they destroy your town.

Discussion in 'Rants and Raves' started by candcallen, May 30, 2020.

1. Big Green

Big Green I Eat Crayons. YUT! TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    CE92CA9E-3E28-4192-A4CE-871CBE144EF0.jpeg

Orbie, Sasquatch, jordanmills and 4 others like this.
  2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    If you had been reading on this board for a while, you would know that is not the case here.

But there are limits to law enforcement actions.

Would you be okay if a prior convicted felon was arrested for shop lifting, then was taken outside and shot in the head?

3. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Sure, since obviously he hasn't changed his ways and is no asset to society.

TIC

rmantoo likes this.
  4. Bobk

Bobk Active Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Seguin
    I agree with you that there are/or should be limits to law enforcement actions. The guy that got killed for selling untaxed cigarettes was another senseless tragedy.

Not justifying the officer's actions, I don't believe at this time that the officer intentionally decided to kill Floyd. He may have gotten carried away in the heat of the moment. No one knows all of the facts or what other factors played into this guy's death or the officer's decision making process. I even read one report that they knew each other from a club that they worked at as bouncers.

I personally have known guys who got carried away with the heat of the moment. One guy allegedly beat a guy to death while he was a cop with a maglight, later this same guy suffocated a guy with a pillow. Yes, he is in Club Fed.

Floyd's death was an unintended consequence which stemmed from the initial call to the police. Not justifying the officer's action or a clip of a video. The jury will get to see all of the evidence.

No, I wouldn't support shooting dragging a convicted felon out of a store for out shoplifting and shooting him in the head.

Look at Saudi Arabia they would cut his hand off.

The looting has to stop period.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    Exactly! None of us have all the facts yet. Just as those protesting don't either. It's called rushing to judgement.

Do we know for fact that Floyd KNOWINGLY passed a phony bill yet? That to my knowledge has not been determined yet. This is why Chauvin's actions that day are highly suspect, and very unprofessional. resulting in the death of someone that was simply a person of interest at that time.

Last I remember there is simple thing afforded in the Constitution, called due process of law. George Floyd was deprived of that. Another factor. Let's assume for the sake of argument, that those LE officers had probable cause to arrest Floyd on suspicion of a criminal act, and they very may well have had PC, but once he was arrested, and handcuffed, he became their responsibility and they were the custodians of his health, welfare and safety, since his right to freedom had been deprived by due process of the law.

jjkukla, Low_Speed and Sasquatch like this.
  6. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    And required 3 officers to hold him down as he was still fighting while handcuffed. At least he was until he expired.

7. jordanmills

jordanmills TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
  8. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    When he expired there was only one holding him down. And h continued even after that fact was obvious.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Axxe55 likes this.
  9. Low_Speed

Low_Speed Active Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Austin
    That’s the reason why the officer originally got charged with murder 3 instead of murder 1. The upgraded charge may cause him to be found not guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Green likes this.
  10. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    MN gives the jury the ability to convict on lesser included charges.

631.14 VERDICT FOR LESSER INCLUDED OFFENSE.
    Upon an indictment or complaint for an offense consisting of different degrees, the jury may find the defendant not guilty of the degree charged in the indictment or complaint, and guilty of any degree inferior to that. Upon an indictment or complaint for an offense, the jury may find the defendant not guilty of committing it, and guilty of an attempt to commit it. Upon an indictment or complaint for murder, if the jury finds the defendant not guilty, it may, upon the same indictment or complaint, find the defendant guilty of manslaughter in any degree. In all other cases, the defendant may be found guilty of any offense necessarily included in that offense with which the defendant is charged in the indictment or complaint.

Axxe55, jordanmills and Big Green like this.