• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    It is democracy... and your fool lost. Delusion is even worse than denial. Still, I believe those who expected me to leave this forum could be exactly correct. I could better spend my time teaching calculus to a pig. I honestly expected those in a right-wing forum to be heavily brainwashed by decades of Fox News and radical social medial sites. But I never expected them to be completely incapable of forming an argument beyond silly Jr. High-level comments. Especially when their twice impeached, soundly defeated (in a very legal election), amoral, traitorous, cowardly, draft-dodging, strangely ignorant, pathological liar, cult leader is now being investigated at the State and Federal level. I'm directly challenging you to defend his tenure as our Commander-In-Chief. If you can say something intelligent... now it the time.
    Keep crying libtwat.
    Lynx Defense

• Haha
    Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    To swing this discussion back to my original post General Burger wrote in part;

"And while specialized skills are important, I wholeheartedly believe that the personal characteristics and qualities developed during military service — leadership, self-discipline, perseverance — are even more relevant to a young person’s future success as a college student, employee or career military professional."

That alone is the most important result to me of successful military service be it one tour or a career. The qualities developed in service to our country carry on well after one gets their DD214.

BTW: did you know according to..."U.S. Dept. of Defense show that less than a quarter of Americans of prime recruiting age are eligible to serve in the military. The most recent data indicates that only 23-percent of Americans between the ages of 17 and 24 would meet the necessary qualifications to enlist.

Not a whole lot of potential warriors to stand on the ramparts to protect our country.
    lmao he left out the part about developing alcoholism, notching a divorce or two on your belt and then being kicked to the curb only to be 4-8 years behind everyone else who went to college or learned a trade

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    lmao he left out the part about developing alcoholism, notching a divorce or two on your belt and then being kicked to the curb only to be 4-8 years behind everyone else who went to college or learned a trade
    I’ve never thought that joining the military puts people behind their peers when transitioning back to civilian careers.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I’ve never thought that joining the military puts people behind their peers when transitioning back to civilian careers.
    I didnt think so either until it happened to me. Dont get me wrong they go through hoops to kiss your ass for being a veteran, but Id rather be 4 years along in my career than to have wasted my time and youth in the USMC.

Ive had to put my career into overdrive just to catch up

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Interesting read about a real rebellion.
    One of many illegal elections.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I see it a lot around here. We almost won't hire ex military due to past issues. Seems the private sector is a little more fast paced then they're used to. Hate to say it because I respect the military, but as an employee, they're on par with other gov workers most of the time.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I didnt think so either until it happened to me. Dont get me wrong they go through hoops to kiss your ass for being a veteran, but Id rather be 4 years along in my career than to have wasted my time and youth in the USMC.

Ive had to put my career into overdrive just to catch up
    Maybe we just have different ways of looking at it. I’m happy for those who started where I work at a younger age, or those who are my age but started years before me. They were able to start a great job at an age when I couldn’t wait to leave mine . However, me being older hasn’t been a setback for me. I was able to learn a lot during my time in the military that has helped me out in a lot of ways, especially with promoting.

Looking at statistics, it appears male veterans earn about 12% more than non veterans, and female veterans earn about 36% more than non veterans. The unemployment rate among veterans is also lower than non veterans.

Not saying I would recommend that anyone join the military with Xidens handlers leading it, I just don’t think it hampers civilian careers.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    I see it a lot around here. We almost won't hire ex military due to past issues. Seems the private sector is a little more fast paced then they're used to. Hate to say it because I respect the military, but as an employee, they're on par with other gov workers most of the time.
    The military does provide a great hideout for lazy people, but in my experience, the likelihood of getting that caliber of employee is higher with non vets, but of course I’m not sure what other “past issues” you may be referring to. If it’s HR related, then say no more! Lol.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    I don't know what company/field/industry you work for, but rest assured it can kiss my ass. The entire problem most of you have been discussing is directly related to woketard/political correctness horeseshit in corporate America. Modern corporate America is scared of Veterans of my generation and older. We can see the problem and we can fix the problem, problem is the pussy snowflakes get butt hurt and go crying to HR. Every employment I've failed at was exactly this environment, every employment I succeeded at valued my ability to manage utilizing the skills and mental toughness developed and honed while serving in 2 branches of the military (not this woketard nonsense we've got now). As for those of you feeling like you're years behind your counterparts? I guarantee at age 19 I was leading more people in more varied circumstances than you ever had by age 30. You get back out of it what you put in to it, if it feels like a failure, then you failed yourself.

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I don't know what company/field/industry you work for, but rest assured it can kiss my ass. The entire problem most of you have been discussing is directly related to woketard/political correctness horeseshit in corporate America. Modern corporate America is scared of Veterans of my generation and older. We can see the problem and we can fix the problem, problem is the pussy snowflakes get butt hurt and go crying to HR. Every employment I've failed at was exactly this environment, every employment I succeeded at valued my ability to manage utilizing the skills and mental toughness developed and honed while serving in 2 branches of the military (not this woketard nonsense we've got now). As for those of you feeling like you're years behind your counterparts? I guarantee at age 19 I was leading more people in more varied circumstances than you ever had by age 30. You get back out of it what you put in to it, if it feels like a failure, then you failed yourself.
    I tend to deal with people from the mechanical divisions. It's nothing woke, just lazy. One dude told me he would zip tie his wrist around a drive shaft and take naps under hummers. Evidently we push harder than they're used to and quit.

• Haha
    Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Well atleast being a veteran allows me to say some shit at my job that would get a normal person fired. That and the Glock blue label discount is nice
    I tend to deal with people from the mechanical divisions. It's nothing woke, just lazy. One dude told me he would zip tie his wrist around a drive shaft and take naps under hummers. Evidently we push harder than they're used to and quit.
    lmao I have seen this personally on Okinawa, but it wasnt zip ties it was something else I forget. I dont think you are wrong though, there are alot of welfare queens in the military. I cant tell you how many fat, sloppy 12 year sergeants barely make it to SNCO right before they are kicked to the curb and then spend the rest of their 20 as an e-6 so they can get their gov check for the rest of their life

BeatTheTunaUp

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Well atleast being a veteran allows me to say some shit at my job that would get a normal person fired. That and the Glock blue label discount is nice

lmao I have seen this personally on Okinawa, but it wasnt zip ties it was something else I forget. I dont think you are wrong though, there are alot of welfare queens in the military. I cant tell you how many fat, sloppy 12 year sergeants barely make it to SNCO right before they are kicked to the curb and then spend the rest of their 20 as an e-6 so they can get their gov check for the rest of their life
    I no doubt see the bottom of the barrel, and it isn't representative as a whole. It's just the people we get. Maybe it's a Fort Hood or whatever it's called now issue.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I no doubt see the bottom of the barrel, and it isn't representative as a whole. It's just the people we get. Maybe it's a Fort Hood or whatever it's called now issue.
    While some of us learned useful skills as well as good values during our service that can't be said for every veteran. The same could be said of colleges and other training institutions.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    There is not a lot of legit jobs in the civilian sector for breaking shit and killing people. And most really don’t want to work for Mexican Cartels…but few .MIL peeps have actually offered their services and sought employment by the NARCOS in Mexico. There are also former foreign military persons who train the NARCO henchmen in weapons, tactics, TTP’s et al. Things that don’t make the Faux News Cycles.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The military process of doing anything is always 2-5 years behind the civilian sector with outdated and lowest bidder tech in play. In the military you learn to do more with less, in the civilian sector this mentality leaves you behind as consumerism and most up to methods/tech is what pays off in the commercial sector not the penny pinching groveling for crumbs mindset that the .MIL/.GOV operates under.

Top Bottom