• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Went to get my new tires for the Truck and picked up this dude on the way there. Coincidence maybe?
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• 20230915_140543.jpg
      20230915_140543.jpg
      188 KB · Views: 102
    • 20230915_141943.jpg
      20230915_141943.jpg
      239.9 KB · Views: 101
    • 20230915_141007.jpg
      20230915_141007.jpg
      318.6 KB · Views: 99

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My first car had some pretty worn down tires on it. Baloney skins. Driving home one night I heard a "thump-thump-thump" and stopped to find out what it was. I had a screwdriver embedded in the tire. I still have the screwdriver around here somewhere, 50 years later. I don't think tires back then had decent belts in them.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Texas roads suck. I have had more flat repairs in Texas than 50 years of roads outside of Texas.

Texas uses its residents to sweep up road hazards by collecting them in their 1000 dollar sets of tires. Other states actually sweep the roads.

I could fill a pocket with roofing nails on my walks.

The toll way is the only place I've seen a sweeper on and I'm convinced it's only cause of the construction.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    My first car had some pretty worn down tires on it. Baloney skins. Driving home one night I heard a "thump-thump-thump" and stopped to find out what it was. I had a screwdriver embedded in the tire. I still have the screwdriver around here somewhere, 50 years later. I don't think tires back then had decent belts in them.
    About 30 years ago I had a 1970 Bronco and look what I ran over with it. It's a Sanp-On ratcheting screwdriver that still works. We must have been neighbors. ;)

Attachments

• 20230916_120440.jpg
      20230916_120440.jpg
      288.7 KB · Views: 41

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Texas roads suck. I have had more flat repairs in Texas than 50 years of roads outside of Texas.

Texas uses its residents to sweep up road hazards by collecting them in their 1000 dollar sets of tires. Other states actually sweep the roads.

The toll way is the only place I've seen a sweeper on and I'm convinced it's only cause of the construction.
    I used to do a lot of travelling, especially when I worked pipeline. The best roads in NY and NJ make the worst roads in Texas look like the Indianapolis Speedway. Pennsylvania has a system of interconnected potholes that they call roads. I guess they can get away with calling them that because they have road construction crews covering 80% of the roads with barrels and barricades during the summer. Each one has 20 miles of barrels and at the end of the string of barrels there are 3 guys - one working, one watching, and one eating a sandwich.

The one exception to Texas roads being OK is 225 in Houston. There are about 10 million semis per hour driving down that road hauling everything from gravel to high explosives. When I worked along that route, there was an auto glass company that came by the parking lot once per week and replaced windshields. I had a chunk of asphalt that flew out from the other side of the road and hit my windshield that must have weighed at least 5 lbs. It just stuck where it hit.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX

Who's making you stay? :p

In all seriousness my last flat was about 5yrs ago on the way to work because I left the roadway, in the rain, at 70mph, spinning down the ROW and across a concrete culvert. Fortunately sideways and the axles straddled it. The tire (Michelin) was good all day below 40mph but heading home at 70 there was a major malfunction.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Who's making you stay? :p

In all seriousness my last flat was about 5yrs ago on the way to work because I left the roadway, in the rain, at 70mph, spinning down the ROW and across a concrete culvert. Fortunately sideways and the axles straddled it. The tire (Michelin) was good all day below 40mph but heading home at 70 there was a major malfunction.
    A blow out on 2 wheels will kill you right now.

What's making me stay? Seeing what stupid shit you will say out loud at axxes party. Lol

Then we can all look at each other and say you know you just said that out loud right and then point and laugh. It's worth a flat or 3.

Lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom