Join TexasGunTalk

The Return Of The Gun Shows

Discussion in 'Events' started by Glenn B, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Glenn B

Glenn B Well-Known TGT Supporter

Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana Area
    There was a pretty good of older military type weapons at the Murphy's Texarkana show. Of course, modern military stuff outweighs the old like at most shows. Murphy's though seems to attract a decent amount of dealers with older milsurp guns for sale. Their next show, I think, is in Benton Ar on the 27th and 28th of this month.

I know for a fact there was a really nice Mosin Nagant 91/30 (Ishvesk manufacture) with turned down bolt, matching numbers (except for factory renumbered magazine floorplate), that sold for only $250.00 at the show in Texarkana.

Matt_RetUSAF likes this.
  2. Aus_Schwaben

Aus_Schwaben New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    It may not be cheap but Jackson Armory had a great collection. They had, for example, Lugers on a velvet tray similar to expensive rings at a jewelers. And they are a Class III dealer so they have quite a range of products.

3. BigTexasOne

BigTexasOne Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!

Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    I attended the show at the Will rogers Center in Ft. Worth last weekend, great turnout and lot of vendors. However, IMHO, the prices were asinine! I ain't buying nuthin from nobody till this pamic ends and prices revert to almost reasonable.

4. majormadmax

majormadmax Úlfhéðnar

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    As a MilSurp collector, I occasionally find some interesting items at gun shows but the vast majority of finds and deals are online. If you don't have a C&R (03 FFL) already then I would strongly recommend getting one. It's cheap ($30 for three years) and will allow you to have eligible firearms shipped straight to you!

5. Aus_Schwaben

Aus_Schwaben New Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Now is the time to get rid of stuff purchased at asinine prices during the last panic (2012-2013). Anyone want a Polytech (Norinco M-1A) for a national match build?

6. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Went to a gun show in Conroe last week. Fewer tables than normal, but a very decent crowd. LOTS of people buying handguns - esp. cheap ones. And, of course, the same 8 tables with the same triple-priced "antique" guns that must make a 100 shows before someone buys one.

Hawkeye David likes this.