Hurley's Gold

The primary is almost here, will you be voting against John Cornyn?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will Cornyn get your primary vote

• Yes

Votes: 11 19.3%
    • No

Votes: 46 80.7%

• Total voters

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I voted for his opponent, Stovall, in the primary. If Cornyn wins, I'll vote for his opponent in the general election. Cornyn has done more damage than any freshman Dem could possibly accomplish. He has to go....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    At this point in time, I will be voting for Stovall. And YES on all 10 propositions. Change my mind.
    I'll vote no on term limits. The voters should limit people, not a law. I know the average voter just votes for the name they recognize but I still don't like a law about it.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I voted for his opponent, Stovall, in the primary. If Cornyn wins, I'll vote for his opponent in the general election. Cornyn has done more damage than any freshman Dem could possibly accomplish. He has to go....

Disagree for a number of reasons, but if the GOP loses the Senate, Schumer becomes majority leader and gets to control, among other things, judicial nominations. Which means in the best case scenario where Trump is reelected, his appointment of (ostensibly) conservative judges comes to a screeching halt and depending on what happens in the House, they may well start impeaching those who have already been confirmed.

You think it's rough now, let the judiciary stagnate for four years and then give a Dem the White House with a Dem Senate in 2024. And you don't even want to think about what would happen with Sanders as president with a Dem Senate. The constitution will be dead at that point.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Agreed. Personally, I wouldn’t take any action that would jeopardize Republican control of the Senate. Conservative approval of Trump’s federal judicial nominees is vital to the future of America. And as polarized as our political system is right now, you’re not likely to get judicial nominee support from a liberal Democrat senator. A candidate from a political Party that doesn’t support border security (among other Trump agenda items) isn’t acceptable to me, either. Cornyn would still be much more preferable than any Democrat candidate.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas

Bloomberg paying you to say this? Might as well join mothers for gun control or some other similar anti-2a group. You apparently don't understand how important it is to keep the senate in republican control.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

I won’t vote for the dem but I won’t vote for Cornyn either. Whatever libertarian is on the ballot will get my vote instead.

Hopefully Stovall pulls it off and Cornyn is irrelevant.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

The last time I voted a democrat thinking that he couldn't be as bad as the republican, I kicked myself. Gary Locke turned out to be an Obama crony.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Whatever libertarian is on the ballot will get my vote instead.
    I always get a ‘kick’ out of this kind of “protest” voting philosophy in the General Election. And I’m not against “protest” voting (see below).

Hopefully Stovall pulls it off and Cornyn is irrelevant.
    I voted for Stovall in the Primary but only as a “protest” vote since the likelihood of him beating Cornyn is minuscule. The idea was simply to ‘send a message’ to Cornyn - and we’re very unlikely to ever know how much or to what extent the voting results will influence Cornyn. With any luck, hopefully his ‘take away’ will be to be a little less RINO!

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I voted for Stovall in the Primary but only as a “protest” vote since the likelihood of him beating Cornyn is minuscule. The idea was simply to ‘send a message’ to Cornyn - and we’re very unlikely to ever know how much or to what extent the voting results will influence Cornyn. With any luck, hopefully his ‘take away’ will be to be a little less RINO!
    Why would he feel less inclined to RINO? He probably thinks, and apparently obviously so, that people will vote for him as the lesser of two evils. He has zero incentive to change if people vote that way.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom