• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    ....and a .22lr in the face is better than the .45 left in the car.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    22 in the face and/or the groin area if they're really deserving of it.

All jokes aside ya .32 and .22 are not to be laughed at, I don't know anyone who'd gladly take one to the abdomen let alone face.

As for the ppk, my fat/chubby hands always got slide bite from it gripped it like I normally do. Strangely the walther PP (long barrel police version) i bought off GB shoots softer and doesn't bite despite having the same dimenions in the back I imagine.

Anyway like the 1911 I don't think the ppk is going away anytime soon, there's just too much history and fandom for it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    22 in the face and/or the groin area if they're really deserving of it.

All jokes aside ya .32 and .22 are not to be laughed at, I don't know anyone who'd gladly take one to the abdomen let alone face.

As for the ppk, my fat/chubby hands always got slide bite from it gripped it like I normally do. Strangely the walther PP (long barrel police version) i bought off GB shoots softer and doesn't bite despite having the same dimenions in the back I imagine.

Anyway like the 1911 I don't think the ppk is going away anytime soon, there's just too much history and fandom for it.
    The PP's grip is an inch longer. Which is why after the GCA of '68, Walther said, so we can't import the PPK anymore? Fine, we'll put the PPK slide and barrel on a PPK grip and call it the PPK/S, now it's got enough "import points."

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    The PP's grip is an inch longer. Which is why after the GCA of '68, Walther said, so we can't import the PPK anymore? Fine, we'll put the PPK slide and barrel on a PPK grip and call it the PPK/S, now it's got enough "import points."
    I wonder if an old school walther pp slide will fit in the newer long grip ppk/s's.

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Barrel would still be too short.
    True, but if the new ppk/s's are similar to the old ones should be able to remove the barrel with a vise and proper press tool (I forgot the official name) that pulls out the barrel back towards the hammer if I'm not mistaken. I never did this but did see a smith on youtube do it.

I guess the better question would be why would you want to...to which my response would be why not and imagine a softer shooting, more accurate due to longer sight picture, and better looking (in my opinion) pistol.

Plus this way I can save the condition of the my original walther pp's lower...I know i'm just rambling but this seems like it's going to be a fun research project. Next steps scroung up some doe to acquire a new ppk/s and I'll make a post.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I CARRIED A ppk 380 IN MY FLIGHT JACKET POCKET UNTIL oops caplock! I upgraded to a HK P7 in 1987.. great little gun!

I converted (with adult supervision) a 7;65 to 380 then back to correct configuaration when I sold it. I still have the PPK slide 90 degree! and barrel, spring and magazine. Also have a 7.65 mag and a 4mm conversion for the 7.65 for sale.

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    True, but if the new ppk/s's are similar to the old ones should be able to remove the barrel with a vise and proper press tool (I forgot the official name) that pulls out the barrel back towards the hammer if I'm not mistaken. I never did this but did see a smith on youtube do it.

I guess the better question would be why would you want to...to which my response would be why not and imagine a softer shooting, more accurate due to longer sight picture, and better looking (in my opinion) pistol.

Plus this way I can save the condition of the my original walther pp's lower...I know i'm just rambling but this seems like it's going to be a fun research project. Next steps scroung up some doe to acquire a new ppk/s and I'll make a post.
    You could also do it as a caliber conversion. Change a .380 PPK to a proper .32ACP PP....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Top Bottom