• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    OK, so it's not made in, and imported from Germany like before the Gun Control Act of 1968 (we don't wanna ban alllll the guns, just this one because it's so tiny and only murdererererers would own one, and that one because a Tonka truck is just exactly the same as a main battle tank because they both look scary to me, etc. etc. But I digress.) but assembled from a German made slide and barrel, and locally sourced parts, in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
    This is the first American Walther PPK-PPK/S that's NOT made from a cast frame but a machined one, or so I was told.
    Anyway, maybe that will finally drive the price for the original ones back down, although at $669, I kinda doubt it.

If you're looking for a heavy concealed carrying pistol in a wimpy caliber and a 90 year old design, look no further!

https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-ppk-380acp-3-3-barrel-6-1-4796001.html
    Hurley's Gold

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    There are fans.................

I am not one of them...........

Don't expect the older ones to drop in price...

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    I have a Manurhin PP in 7.65 and a modern PPK/S 22lr. Both get carried as a Primary defense weapon.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Walther has been trying for months to get this pistol released. Last I heard they are waiting for the BATF to approve it to be sold here in the US. Not sure if thats true or not but something has been holding the release of this up for some time now.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Walther has been trying for months to get this pistol released. Last I heard they are waiting for the BATF to approve it to be sold here in the US. Not sure if thats true or not but something has been holding the release of this up for some time now.

LOL, months. YEARS! Since 2013. But the PPK/S has been on sale for months and the PPK is finally shipping also.

Also, I think the hold up was a combination of German export laws and setting up manufacturing in Arkansas.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I always wanted one to match James Bond's carry piece. I guess that would need to have a threaded barrel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RevolverGuy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    I had one of the last West Germans PPK/s imported by Interarms, bought new in 1980.

I gave it to my brother recently.

So far as a new one: humbug. James Bond can have em.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I always wanted one to match James Bond's carry piece. I guess that would need to have a threaded barrel.

". . . takes a Brausch silencer, with little reduction in muzzle velocity. The American CIA swear by them."

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    ". . . takes a Brausch silencer, with little reduction in muzzle velocity. The American CIA swear by them."
    One of the best clips from the movies, for sure.

"Yes, I thought so. This damned Baretta again." - M

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, so it's not made in, and imported from Germany like before the Gun Control Act of 1968 (we don't wanna ban alllll the guns, just this one because it's so tiny and only murdererererers would own one, and that one because a Tonka truck is just exactly the same as a main battle tank because they both look scary to me, etc. etc. But I digress.) but assembled from a German made slide and barrel, and locally sourced parts, in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
    This is the first American Walther PPK-PPK/S that's NOT made from a cast frame but a machined one, or so I was told.
    Anyway, maybe that will finally drive the price for the original ones back down, although at $669, I kinda doubt it.

If you're looking for a heavy concealed carrying pistol in a wimpy caliber and a 90 year old design, look no further!

https://www.gunbuyer.com/walther-ppk-380acp-3-3-barrel-6-1-4796001.html

Gee, I've always had 2 or 3, until the nursing home raided my locker. This design was so far ahead of its competition. Unfortunately, the "backwards" "safety" has always made them somewhat less than very popular.

But for "conceal-ability" IWB, it is hard to beat.

Now, if I could just learn to hit anything with one. . . . . .

leVieux

JaygunFu

IT nomad
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2022
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Gee, I've always had 2 or 3, until the nursing home raided my locker. This design was so far ahead of its competition. Unfortunately, the "backwards" "safety" has always made them somewhat less than very popular.

But for "conceal-ability" IWB, it is hard to beat.

Now, if I could just learn to hit anything with one. . . . . .

leVieux
    The .22 and .32 acp versions of the walther ppk were nice to shoot, and so were typically easier to get decent groupings/shots on target.

They are hard to find today in great condition without having to pay an arm and leg.

Top Bottom