• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We all have ran across various guns that after some time we have regrets that we didn't buy, or passed on them for some reason.

Some that I have ran across over the years that I passed on, or wished years later I had bought them, or just didn't have the money at the time.

The Savage Model 99's. Use to see these at gun stores, pawn shops and gun shows, and they were usually cheap or very decently priced. I do regret not buying a few of them many years ago. They have gotten pretty pricey in the last years for one in decent condition.

The Marlin Camp Carbines. Ran across one at a pawn shop some years ago on consignment. I had forgotten about these little rifles. Owner wanted $1100 and would not budge on penny on the price. They were neat little rifles.

A close friend of mine and a former DPS trooper and constable would hit estate sales with his wife and ran across a S&W Model 29 with the 6" barrel, in mint condition. He offered to me for $450 some years ago, but I just didn't have the extra cash at the moment. Got back to him a week later, and he had already sold it! Bummer.

I kind of wished I had bought a few more of the Marlin X7 series of bolt action rifles before they were discontinued by Remington when they bought out Marlin. Luckily, I do have three of them. One of the better decently priced bolt action rifles of the time. Inexpensive, and accurate.
    DK Firearms

Top Bottom