• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    I am new to TGT and have read through this forum. I still have a question or two. I have not reloaded in over fifty (yes 50!) years and the technologies and hardware advances are amazing ! I have assembled powders and primers for the calibers I am going to start with. 45LC and .223. I just started the first load of brass in the Frankford Arsenal rotary tumbler using steel media. My next purchases are a powder scale or measurer scale combo and a press. I learned long ago to pay the price for quality so I don't cry later. I had decided to purchase the Hornady Lock n Load Iron Press however it is back ordered everywhere. Any suggestions on a comparable press ? I am leaning towards the Hornady Auto Charge measure/scale. My eyes are too old for a beam scale. Anyway the combo really appeals to me. Any input good or bad is appreciated. Thank you in advance !!
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I always suggest looking for used RCBS equipment for its lifetime warranty. Digital scale with a pared powder dispenser are nice but not without problems. A/C vents blowing can effect them. No power no good. Calibration before use sucks in my mind.

As far as Hornday my only experience are a set of .300 Whisper does that I hate.

Austinpilot69

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 9, 2020
    Austin, TX
    I second RCBS. I typically buy Lee stuff which has treated me well but I recently bought some RCBS equipment which broke. I emailed them, and they emailed back within hours, on New Year’s Day of all days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    I have two RCBS presses whichI bought used in 1969, I have a balance scale and suggest investing in a flexible arm lighted magnifier... puts light wherever you need andthe 6"magnifier lensmakes scale reading and go-no-go easy

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    Where are you located? I might be able to help you with some stuff if you’re close to San Antonio.

Mark2Cars

Never ever give up !!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2021
    Sanderson Texas
    Well thank you all for your ideas !! I looked into RCBS presses this evening and found that there is a bushing conversion kit for the Hornady Lock N Load bushings. I like the ease that it affords. I am very impressed with the first tumbling out of my rotary tumbler. I attached a couple of pictures. This is all new to me and is probably "old hat" to you folks. The first pic is a before and after. C.tiberius we get into SA every few weeks. Probably come in about the middle of the month.

Attachments

• brass1.jpg
      brass1.jpg
      93.9 KB · Views: 58
    • Brass2.jpg
      Brass2.jpg
      92.6 KB · Views: 59

c.tiberius

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    8bd867b215871e0b0bb4a34b768568ff.jpg

I have a set of dies for 45 LC that I don’t need, you can have it, I and I might have some cast bullets.
    Pm me when you’re heading this way and I’ll have some stuff for you.

Top Bottom