• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArsenalGroyper

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2020
    Houston
    Why are American civilians (particularly) in love with this round when there are so many more styles and sizes out there! The round was invented decades ago for combat, to be accurate at mid and longer ranges. If only more people would have instead purchased rifles chambered in different sizes, there would not be such a shortage right now. I do not own a rifle chambered in 5.56, although I have experience firing 5.56. I'm worried for my fellow countrymen who cannot purchase ammo or have to pay much higher prices.

Last edited:

ArsenalGroyper

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2020
    Houston
    I prefer 300WM but it's a wee bit more expensive. The fact that 5.56 guns are so common makes them desirable.

Yeah but how many US Civilians are going on missions that the 5.56 round was invented for?

Isn't a larger round far more desirable for close range home defense?

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    What caliber would you suggest people look for? 300 Blackout is just as scarce.
    I do find 30-06 most places I go... my old WW1 Enfield shoots that when I deer hunt.
    For home defense, it's likely my Glock 19 loaded with JHP. If I have time to get the shotgun out, then they're gonna get a face full of birdshot instead. I wouldn't go for my AR first in my house... I guess a pistol AR in 9mm would be an option, but 9mm is just as scarce as 223/556...

ArsenalGroyper

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2020
    Houston
    What caliber would you suggest people look for? 300 Blackout is just as scarce.
    I do find 30-06 most places I go... my old WW1 Enfield shoots that when I deer hunt.
    For home defense, it's likely my Glock 19 loaded with JHP. If I have time to get the shotgun out, then they're gonna get a face full of birdshot instead. I wouldn't go for my AR first in my house... I guess a pistol AR in 9mm would be an option, but 9mm is just as scarce as 223/556...
    That's a good question. There are some very cool carbines chambered in other sizes. I'm not an expert to say what's best for the average American consumer, all I'm saying is *I don't think 5.56 is the best*

Also there are other platforms aside from the AR.

I feel like people go online and buy an AR chambered in 5.56 as flippantly as they buy a burger or a case of beer, without putting as many hours or weeks of thought into it. Maybe I'm just a nerd that likes to do research about firearms.

ArsenalGroyper

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2020
    Houston
    I always like it when someone decides what calibers I should have or need.

Silly me thinking that buying guns was about what I wanted.

That's not what the spirit of this thread should be about.

I think some people make uninformed decisions and buy a 16 inch AR chambered in 5.56 when it's not the best/most appropriate thing for them, that's all. Panic buying especially in the current year.

That's not to imply that you fall in this category.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX

I think some people make uninformed decisions and buy a 16 inch AR chambered in 5.56 when it's not the best/most appropriate thing for them, that's all. Panic buying especially in the current year.

Welcome.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

I buy what I want, when I want, in the calibers I want, and I really don't care what, or for whatever reasons that others buy an AR for. My needs or wants, are my business.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    SGAmmo has some M855 for sale but expensive. Local guy on Armslist has some .223, 1000 rounds for $550. It's out there if you have the money. No matter what ammo you want, they all need primers and they are in short supply. I don't need anything personally and I love my AR-15 and my AK-47 and my SKS and my AR-10 and I could go on.

Top Bottom