• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The local VFD has a monthly senior lunch for $3.00. Went yesterday & dragged the wife as I can't fed her for $3.00. Last time we sat with neighbors this time we were first in line & didn't see no one we knew when we got there. I have talk to to the walking ladies several times in the past while on the lawn mower. Recognized many of them at the lunch who were serving and or cooked something.

These folks aint shy or stuck up like the big city! Got to talking with a guy who recently killed 3 does & a buck, other guy is the old moorhead! I got an invite to the old codgers women hating club! The local guys meet twice a month at the marine to hang out. No women folk. That includes hooker with blow, girl friends, mistresses, wives, daughters & moms!

I'm actually very happy for the wife getting involved I hope with the walking ladies. Last friend she had ate a bullet several Thanksgivings ago I I know she feels she didn't do enough for her friend! Hell the last time I talked to her and she said mentioned suicide I should have bought that pistol from her. She could have OD verse making a dramatic mess for her elderly mother. Perhaps with her new found friends she can learn to bake! Some kick ass desserts included in that $3.00 lunch! We also were forced into bringing desserts home!.
    DK Firearms

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It’s more of the community/ neighborhood for us out here. My mailing address is Jewett (Leon County) but our address for taxes is Groesbeck (Limestone county).

I’m not knocking either towns, rather the drive to get to them under FJB gas prices! Hiring people to do some tree trimming is the project of I’m currently working on. I thought I had a guy, but then nothing!

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Yeah I hear ya. Wanted multiple bids to get the house painted. One guy showed up, so he was the low bidder. I do not understand the business model that say eff you I am not even calling back to say I am too busy. I have a list of names that will never do work for me. If you cannot call back in good times, I won't hire you when work is slow.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Driving back from physical therapy in Groesbeck the other day I'm driving 70 mph when I spot a firewood for sale sign. It was so small & warped it took my brain a while to comprehend what I thought I saw. By then I 3 miles down the road.

Next trip into Groesbeck I'll be paying more attention!

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I spent some of my early years near you in Limestone County. Closest town was Thornton. We sometimes went to Groesbeck and Kossee.

Hung around the Truetts as a kid.

Look up the news story (90's, I believe) about Davabeth Truett.
    Might be Truitt. Nee Carpenter?

Last I checked she is still wearing a striped pantsuit.

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I spent some of my early years near you in Limestone County. Closest town was Thornton. We sometimes went to Groesbeck and Kossee.

Hung around the Truetts as a kid.

Look up the news story (90's, I believe) about Davabeth Truett.
    Might be Truitt. Nee Carpenter?

Last I checked she is still wearing a striped pantsuit.
    Looks like she's dying in prison currently!

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I was 8. She was about 11. We were loading hay on a wagon on my grandpa's land. Those were the first tata's I ever gazed upon. Davabeth could throw those bales like a man and the snaps on her shirt were straining - finally gave-way! I just stood there with my mouth agape.

My grandparents laughed their arse off. I was ruined for life!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I was 8. She was about 11. We were loading hay on a wagon on my grandpa's land. Those were the first tata's I ever gazed upon. Davabeth could throw those bales like a man and the snaps on her shirt were straining - finally gave-way! I just stood there with my mouth agape.

So did you ever get a roll with honey?

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Driving back from physical therapy in Groesbeck the other day I'm driving 70 mph when I spot a firewood for sale sign. It was so small & warped it took my brain a while to comprehend what I thought I saw. By then I 3 miles down the road.

Next trip into Groesbeck I'll be paying more attention!
    When you find it, let me know. I need a cord or two....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    When you find it, let me know. I need a cord or two....

I’m going in Monday for P. T. Then heading to roads & bridges for a new address plaque. Hopefully I see it and get the number.

I think I need to put an effort into going to check out that meat market while in Groesbeck!

1637460048075.jpeg

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You don't see round steak much anymore.
    Full cut round steak fell out of fashion, simply because it needs a good braise & people are to lazy or busy to cook it right. Few markets want to keep two band saws on hand & a full cut round is easiest in a band saw. Most rounds are now broke into its parts. Inside or Top Round , Bottom Round & eye of Round +knuckles that make up Sirlion Tip & Ball Tips

London Broil as Randall's cut them were nothing but thick cut top round.Thin tops & tenderized can make fair CGS. Bottom Rounds are mostly cut into roast AKA Rumps. I love doing Eyes of Round on my smoker. Next ones will be done as corned beef because I actually found the pickling spice.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You can’t just post that without the name of said spice…and what’s your recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I had been looking for pickling spice blend. Buying everything separate to mix is even more problematic! The brines are on the web. Pretty sure I have to inject the brine into the meat!

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I’m going in Monday for P. T. Then heading to roads & bridges for a new address plaque. Hopefully I see it and get the number.

I think I need to put an effort into going to check out that meat market while in Groesbeck!

View attachment 289364
    Good choice. Also check out J&S Meats in the Fairfield/ Streetman area. They're worth the drive.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia

There isn't anything like a country girl.

Top Bottom