• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    There was this discussion in another forum and the subject of what would you do if your neighborhood or city is turning into a hood. the community I live in Humble has been seeing a rise in crime and more robberies. A lot of people in my community are considering moving away. I would hate the idea of leaving and letting these criminals win but I am seeing more Texas cities getting bad. What is people thought on this?
    Lynx Defense

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    There was this discussion in another forum and the subject of what would you do if your neighborhood or city is turning into a hood. the community I live in Humble has been seeing a rise in crime and more robberies. A lot of people in my community are considering moving away. I would hate the idea of leaving and letting these criminals win but I am seeing more Texas cities getting bad. What is people thought on this?

Stay and try to fix it or move.

Don't do the middle ground, where you stay there, hate your life there, complain about it constantly, but refuse to move.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    It's funny you posted this thread. One of the things I studied in college way back in the day was Suburbs. They were initially created for middle to upper income class folks and have an approx. 15-20 yr life span as far as being a clean safe neighborhood to live in. They were built in outlying areas from cities to get away from the big cities, crime and the fast paced life big cities have. After 12-14 yrs the neighborhoods get older and the original folks that moved in, want something new and refreshing again and look for another newer suburb etc. That's when they either sell or RENT. I've been through 3 types of suburbs in 2 different states in my life. IMO and experience, Renters WRECK neighborhoods as a whole. From my experience, most of them have no pride in the home they are renting because it is not theirs. The neighborhood Iam in now is approx. 10-12 yrs old and we have been here for 8 yrs. The traffic and crime have gone up significantly here over the last 3 years as well as the rental houses here. And again, just my experiences.... If all goes well this yr, we are leaving to hopefully south West Mo to approx. 100 acres or so. We want to be done with city and suburb life.

Last edited:

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Fight back. If enough stand up, criminals tend to back off. They depend on the majority being to scared to fight back.

From an idjit coffeeholic

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Stay and try to fix it or move.

Don't do the middle ground, where you stay there, hate your life there, complain about it constantly, but refuse to move.

My uncle lived on one of those Kirk-something streets near Fuqua in SE Houston & did the "hate your life" option as his "hood" decayed. He died of acute aggravation.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Raise the rent and advertise to hipsters. Say it has a "cool neighborhood bar" or some such non-sense. Maybe you can kickstart gentrification before it goes total ghetto.

Top Bottom