• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Find out what commercial greenhouse use for shading. That really nice reminds me some what of the outdoor kitchen I seen in Africa
    I was a little vague with my previous post.. I’m committed to getting an RV awning so that it will attach correctly to the roller tube and the side of the gazebo. Amazon carries replacement RV awnings, but for the most part if you read the negative reviews, it gives me enough concern not to go down that path. I found a company Tough Top that custom makes the RV awnings for your specific application, they have a five year “no questions asked”warranty on their products and it’s all made in America so you can get custom sizes also.

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    The new awning is supposed to be here Tuesday. It’s a bummer I cannot even lift the box right now after the surgery…

Could be worse
    You're right - it could be a LOT worse! It's so awesome your surgery went well, you overdo now & pop a stitch (as they say) and everything will be slowed down for a long time. Play with your pups, enjoy relaxing :)

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Got the awning installed today thank goodness the wife was there to help me. It’s definitely a two-man job to feed the awning into the rails.

Since it is from an RV, it is fully adjustable.
    IMG_5234.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg

Last edited:

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Very nice! I would humbly suggest that the "storm position " is rolled up.
    I have been RVing since 2008 and these particular awning frames are really good and durable during a storm as long as you put them in the down position (which is not shown in the photos yet). I have never had any damage yet doing this.

I need to find pair or two of the de-flappers that attach between the arms and the fabric to keep it from “flapping “.

Now the newer awnings with the scissor frames or the motorized ones I wouldn’t leave out in a storm to save my life

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well, I’m sure as hell not going to tell them. The good side is you can’t see it from the street.
    Out here those with lakefront get screwed, if they have a bulkhead they get screwed harder+ a dock with a boat lift even worse.

A house kiddy corner from me on the water the husband died before I moved in. It was their lake house with another house IIRC Bryan. After he died they start making improvement. Bulkhead, nice dock with lift & roof, new boat, add one cover for the boat new gravel. Next thing you know its for sale. Rumor is when the widow got the tax bill she bailed on the lake house.

Top Bottom