• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Had to do a re-design on the cooking area. The Blackstone griddle that was next to the grill just was not going to work out in that location. The other design issue that changed was I had originally sloped the countertops away from the wall to accommodate any rain came in. Since I installed the new windows/covers, I put the countertops back to level.

B2849D3B-9E21-433A-B035-61088CB44645.jpeg
    3B04798D-2E3A-470B-828A-AB2F4C1997FB.jpeg
    2B9BED9C-22FE-4899-B0B5-92C8D3C9CE9A.jpeg

These three photos are of the old layout. Space was just a little too tight for the Blackstone griddle.

74E85421-43C7-4520-8C4E-50338B72DD04.jpeg

This is the new layout. The Blackstone griddle is on a tray in the cabinet on the right, next to the 3 drawer unit. This design also let me put a vent towards the upper part of the cabinets (above the three drawer unit) since the propane bottles will be stored underneath the cabinets on the far right side.

I really hate doing things twice, but when your plans are all in your head, things change.
    :facepalm:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Had to do a re-design on the cooking area. The Blackstone griddle that was next to the grill just was not going to work out in that location. The other design issue that changed was I had originally sloped the countertops away from the wall to accommodate any rain came in. Since I installed the new windows/covers, I put the countertops back to level.

View attachment 383078 View attachment 383079 View attachment 383080
    These three photos are of the old layout. Space was just a little too tight for the Blackstone griddle.

View attachment 383081
    This is the new layout. The Blackstone griddle is on a tray in the cabinet on the right, next to the 3 drawer unit. This design also let me put a vent towards the upper part of the cabinets (above the three drawer unit) since the propane bottles will be stored underneath the cabinets on the far right side.

I really hate doing things twice, but when your plans are all in your head, things change.
    :facepalm:
    looking goodso far!

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Picked up to the fourth grill last Wednesday (4/19). In the store it looked pretty good, but when I got home it was damaged also.
    0547824C-966F-4AD3-88EC-830B6311A6A2.jpeg
    3DD05D37-8251-4544-BFD1-AA455866A953.jpeg
    89513F41-816C-459B-9D85-D5CCFB323BD0.jpeg
    350CFA8F-EFDF-4E88-B841-C0E9F12304C5.jpeg

Decided to go with a different approach now. Contacted Broil king warranty/customer service department. They are sending me out the replacements for the damaged parts. Hopefully they will pack them well enough that they won’t be damaged when they get here.

Finally got all of the ceiling stained. Also got the cabinets stained and starting in on trimming them out and prep for countertops.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    How goes the grillzebo project, my friend?
    Were you able to enjoy it some before this heat shut everything down?
    It has been on hold for the last three weeks or so. I had to wait to get tile ordered and in to finish the counters before I can install the grill. Then we decided to get a puppy which is been a full-time job the last week or so.

I probably have a solid week of labor left. Tiling the countertops and backsplash is, final hook ups for the sink, installing the grill, in the final outside paint. With as hot as it gets right now, I’m not sure when that week will occur.

Did get the sound system, and a new fridge installed with icemaker lol.

Even during the hot parts of the day, with the ceiling, fan, cupola , and all the windows open, it’s not bad underneath there in the shade with a beer, and listening to tunes.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Just out of curiosity, why did you choose not to use pex?

No real reason, other than I’ve never used pex before and I had a bucket of PVC and CPVC fittings To use.

I was wondering the same thing. Make sure you put a low point drain on any pipes that will be wet come winter or you will be tearing it back apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    I was wondering the same thing. Make sure you put a low point drain on any pipes that will be wet come winter or you will be tearing it back apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    All the lines in the kitchen, and the outside faucet and icemaker, are all connected to three-way valve on the kitchen supply, one side, goes to the kitchen. The other side goes to an atmospheric drain for winterization. All lines are sloped back to this valve. The half bath is fully insulated so I will keep water up there during the winter, but a very small low power heater in there will keep it above freezing. The water supply lines to the outside shower have their own three-way valve for draining them for the winter.

I did all the plumbing with winterization and freezing in mind. Hopefully I didn’t forget anything lol.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread. Finally got around to addressing the mistake I made when installing the facia board to the rafter ends I had to extend them down to get the proportions right and then figure a way to cover up the fix.
    IMG_4796.jpeg
    IMG_4798.jpeg
    IMG_4802.jpeg

Trimmed out the corners with metal flashing, so water does not wick up and start rotting the wood out. Seems corners are notorious for this problem.
    IMG_4812.jpeg
    IMG_4813.jpeg

Ended up using pieces of my siding to cover up my facia extensions
    IMG_4828.jpeg

Got the new refrigerator installed and icemaker hooked up, :banana: cold beverages for hot afternoon when working on the Grillzebo.
    IMG_4834.jpeg

Finally got all the tiles installed for the backsplash and countertop. Before I crowded, I did a final test fit of the grill, again.
    IMG_5108.jpeg
    IMG_5107.jpeg

Started grouting the tile yesterday. What a cluster that was. It was way too hot outside to be installing grout (I didn’t think it through):facepalm:. It was drying way too quickly, which made cleaning it up the mess a huge pain in my ass.

With the passing of one dog, and getting two new ones, it’s limited my time for working on the grillzebo.

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Wow - it's all looking really nice. I'm so glad you finally got the grill goat rope resolved - whatta nightmare that was for you!

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Wow - it's all looking really nice. I'm so glad you finally got the grill goat rope resolved - whatta nightmare that was for you!
    Yes, the stuff with the grill is hopefully, behind me. Although, in all fairness, I’ve still not even had a chance to light the grill yet since it has not been installed - fingers crossed

If all goes to plan, I’m hoping to do a little grilling on it tomorrow afternoon.

thescoutranch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Trying to get some work done in between the sun showers here.

I decided we would need an awning on the western side of the Grillzebo for the afternoon sun. Over the last couple months, I’ve been picking up RV awning parts from craigslist here and there. Finally got everything together (I still have complete parts for two more awnings, if I find another use for them ) and cut down the awning tube to match the grillzebo width.

IMG_5143.jpeg
    IMG_5145.jpeg

First picture, shows it in the up/shade position, the second photo shows it in the down/storm position.

Since this is from an RV, it will roll up when not in use or not needed

I need to track down new awning fabric for it. Everything on Amazon, the reviews are not good for their awnings.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Trying to get some work done in between the sun showers here.

I decided we would need an awning on the western side of the Grillzebo for the afternoon sun. Over the last couple months, I’ve been picking up RV awning parts from craigslist here and there. Finally got everything together (I still have complete parts for two more awnings, if I find another use for them ) and cut down the awning tube to match the grillzebo width.

View attachment 400644 View attachment 400645

First picture, shows it in the up/shade position, the second photo shows it in the down/storm position.

Since this is from an RV, it will roll up when not in use or not needed

I need to track down new awning fabric for it. Everything on Amazon, the reviews are not good for their awnings.
    Find out what commercial greenhouse use for shading. That really nice reminds me some what of the outdoor kitchen I seen in Africa

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom