• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Last weekend was a great success! Everything came out awesome. I hadn't done a brisket in some years because they got stupidly expensive in price in the grocery stores. I used my simple rub that I use to use. Brown sugar, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder. Rubbed it down about an hour before putting on the smoker, then smoking on both sides for about an hour on each side, then pulling it off and wrapping it in foil for the final time on the smoker. Tender, flavorful and very moist brisket. Total time on the smoler was about seven hours since it was a smaller brisket.

I also did a pork tenderloin, that was simply seasoned with salt and pepper, and smoked for about seven hours. Falling apart good. Makes an excellent sandwich on a bun with some mayo, swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato.

The wife mixed up her recipe of baked beans, which I put on the smoker for about two hours uncovered, then cooked another two hours covered in foil. They turned out pretty danged good.

Smoked a whole chicken, plus chicken leg quarters, and those, I grilled as well after they were smoked for about two hours.

Plus I grilled an assortment of burgers, various sausages and hot dogs. We had plenty to eat for a few days! I loaded up my father a bunch of food and took over to him Sunday afternoon. I was over there yesterday, and he said he was still eating on the batch of food I took over there last weekend!

I plan on doing a Father's Day get together next Saturday evening for my father, and y my brother and his family. Going to do another brisket, burgers, steaks and various sausages again. Maybe even another whole chicken too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I picked up another brisket the other day at my brothers. When things normalize a bit, and before my eldest niece heads back to A&M, I'm going to have the family over for a big family BBQ. My wife will have to make her famous potato salad that my father just loves! He really liked my smoked baked beans too.

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Huchens in McKinney (one in Plano is no-go). Hard 8 is terrible. Grew up with Bryans (in the 50s and it was good and cheap - paper plate of brisket or ham and another for your bread) in KC, then Red's (or Sonnys) in Dallas. One in KC was good, Red's was OK. Bryans chain is terrible and not cheap. The big one in Llano was just OK. If you want pork, go to Ar.

Top Bottom