• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    The TQ thread is getting silly and cluttered.

Which First Aid kits for home, range, vehicle, backpack use?
    Prepackaged with Chinese made stuff from Amazon, or painstakingly bought by list from the paramedic supply store?
    Gloves, nitrile or step it up to sterile?
    Classes, which ones, where, how much?
    Legal repercussions?
    ETC ETC.
    ARJ Defense ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    For the vehicles, I have a mixture of premade basic kits and adding my own items such as Israeli bandages, Quick Clot, suture kit, etc. Car kits are in a backpack, and house kits are in 4 tool boxes.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Just for my personal background on the subject: many decades ago, I took 30 hours of first aid classes back in East Germany, as a Young Volunteer Corpsman and been riding on those certificates for first aid ever since, lol.
    Much if not most of it is out of date, had different objectives and is probably half forgotten anyway. In light of recent events, it's way past time I got my equipment and knowledge refreshed!

yakdung

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    Super Glue, un-waxed dental floss, duct tape, paracord, hydrogen peroxide and large rolls of cotton. Just of few items I carry. I have been know to participate in outdoor adventures distances from emergency care.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Super Glue, un-waxed dental floss, duct tape, paracord, hydrogen peroxide and large rolls of cotton. Just of few items I carry. I have been know to participate in outdoor adventures distances from emergency care.

WOW, I'm not quite sure if your just a lil' prick, or a whole ASS.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    WOW, I'm not quite sure if your just a lil' prick, or a whole ASS.

Why would you say that? There is at least one and more uses relating to the subject at hand for each of the items he mentioned.

Peroxide as a disinfectant, super glue to close small wounds, cotton rolls and duct tape as bandages and cavity stuffing, paracord to make slings out of, dental floss why that one has endless uses...

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Extremely mistaken AND misconstrued on my part. Saw one thing, interpreted as such, linked to something, re-interpereted as... how do I know. And here we go.

Last edited:

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Bought some kits off amazon, lightningx? I think? Came with basic stuff, but added or replaced things. RATS tq's were replaced with SOF-T's, added celox and Israeli bandages. The gauze seemed to be ok quality, as did the other small things. Gloves are nitrile.

Iirc Texas has a, or a few laws that protect people who render aid

For small wounds/cuts/burns, i like to have a small (altoids tin) sized first aid kit, for some antibiotics, burn cream, bandaids, and pain relievers. Just so my ifak isn't too cluttered

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    I bought a portable first aid kit from Costco and it is stocked pretty well. I added a TQ and a quickclot pressure bandage. Add 1 or 2 IFAKS to keep on person or close by and you should be good for most issues.
    I believe the group is called Lone Star Medics and is run by Caleb. Any classes from them would be a great benefit. He is local to DFW and a shooter in some local classes my buddy lines up.
    I attend the annual TTPOA CONFERENCE and they have had some decent classes on first aid trauma.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

texasjohnboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    North Texas
    I carry a trauma pack (
    https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/trauma-pak-with-quikclot.html), CAT Gen 7 TQ, and a “build my own” small kit with band aids and such in my every day bag. In my range bag there are two trauma packs, a TQ, and another roll my own first aid kit.

I do have some upgrades that I feel need to be done such as Israeli bandage, chest seal, and more general bandages.

Top Bottom