• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    CC was already dead in Committee by the time of the annual meeting. Sounds like they tried a little after the fact scramble to make it appear they were for CC.

That was done to make the TSRA's position clear to anyone wondering. We have been supporting CC for several sessions prior - but it wasn't as clear as some of the members wanted it - so they clarified. There's been a lot done within TSRA over the past 5 years or so - and more being done in regards to gun legislation - but you also have to remember it's not our only mission. There's all sorts of things being tried within various legislative proposals to regulate guns and gun ownership, much of which has been overlooked by the various other groups. It's not hard to do - there's a LOT of moving parts in various legislative bills, and the anti-gunners are pushing into every one of 'em in an effort to advance THEIR cause. That's why there's times that it's good to have contacts within the "other" side - to get intel on new ideas/approaches they're going to try. Things like the "safety program" they tried to slide in that would have required ALL guns to be secured within an "approved" safe/container when not in active use.
    Guns International

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    If the position ay TSRA had been clear we should have had Constitutional Carry passed this session. Instead, a good while will pass till we get another chance. Alice and the TRSA praised those who helped to kill it. Instead anti-gunners a praising a big win for this session because TSRA let them push the agenda. Please spare us the apologetic mumbo jumbo and excuses. Makes me wonder if TSRA and Bonnen made some deals?
    https://texasscorecard.com/state/tsra-praises-killer-constitutional-carry/

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    exactly.... If both versions of the Bill were supported they should have been voted out of committee and headed to the floor right after the session began.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    exactly.... If both versions of the Bill were supported they should have been voted out of committee and headed to the floor right after the session began.

Welcome to Texas politics.......where a bill can be killed without ever coming up for a vote, much less seeing the light of day. This is why everyone needs to be on their phones, calling THEIR local reps and holding their feet to the fire. Right now, we need to find a strong rep that will reintroduce the bill(s) - ideally, several of them. I'm talking with two right now, hoping that they'll take it on.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It was clear - it was additional printed material that WE had requested.

Stop digging.

As I pointed out, I got the mailer from TSRA on February 4th 2019 direct from Alice Tripp. CC was not on it this session. It was not a priority. As I pointed out, and the link gshayd provided, TSRA tried to retroactively make it look like they supported CC after it was dead.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Sorry - you weren't paying attention.....and it was the 2017 session where the best chances were stymied by some ill-advised activities.

The following link at TSRA-PAC says there was no unlicensed carry bill filed in the Senate during the 2017 session. Feel free to explain us how that made 2017 our best chance? How do you stymy something that was never filed?

https://www.tsrapac.com/tsralegislativehistory/

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Excuse me?!?? It's listed right there - it shows that it died without going forward to the senate - but that was after some of the supporters got into the capital and raised a ruckus, costing a lot of support to be lost.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    You're simply trying to look for an argument IMO. YOU posted the link - it's right there. I'm quite confident you can find it. As I said before - it did not make it to the Senate - and that's something that the TSRA has no control over....nor does any of the other Pro-2nd groups. I find it interesting, though, that this is all the "fault" of the TSRA, rather than the lawmakers that refused to bring it to the floor for even a debate.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You're simply trying to look for an argument IMO. YOU posted the link - it's right there.

If it is right there, how come you cannot tell us the number? Yeah, because it is NOT there. So your plan is to attack me as argumentative.

Lol

You got caught making stuff up, so now it is my fault.

Let’s recap:

In 2017, CC was so low a priority at TSRA they did not even line up some to file a bill in the Senate.

In 2019 CC was so low a priority at TSRA they did not even mention it their legislative agenda.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So.....I'm a liar, eh? Fine - I think it's pretty obvious that I've tried to answer your questions in a reasonable way, and that you're so blinded by your position that you can't even bother to read what I've written. Tell me - what about the goups you DO support - why did THEY not line up someone to file a senate bill?

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    She WOULD explain it....but it generally would put ya to sleep...and the capital part - well, I understand it, but I'm not always so sure it was well spent. Thing is, when you're dealing with a political body such as the Texas Leg, you have all kinds of personalities and end games - and much as we might wish it were otherwise, many folks are simply afraid of armed citizens. Look within our own circles at the OC vs CC debates that rage on among gun owners. Honestly, one of my most frustrating hot buttons - if YOU don't want to OC, then don't - but dammit, stop trying to belittle others that DO. You do you, let me do me. If I'm wrong, then *I* will pay the price. But again - it's a perfect example of the kind of battle you encounter with the general legislative bodies. And THEY write the laws - not us. I don't care how much you may not like it, and how wrong it may be - that is what it is. That's why I'll financially support ANY candidate that is pro-2nd - and the more they lean to CC, the more that wallet will open.

Right, gun owners themselves are our greatest enemy, if we can't even agree or get along with each other, how are we suppose to win against the anti-2A crowd? I have been saying this for years now, it must be all for one and one for all. We must all agree and support the same agenda, to protect our 2A rights, before they are completely stripped down to nothing.

I have joined several pro 2A groups to help defend our rights, GOA, TSRA, NRA...While some may not do what we like or abuse their powers or not able to get laws passed that should, there may be more going on in the background that we cant see. If an organization is actively protecting our rights, then we should support them. If an organization chooses itself over the right of the people, well they will cease to have my support.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Alice Tripp is an enabler for Bonnen. No money for Texas State Rifle Association as long as she is there.

TSRA sent me some type of update so I asked Tripp something
    On Thursday, August 15, 2019, Chris wrote:
    I’m still waiting for Bonnen to get ousted or resign. Maybe now with the Empower Texas recording, TSRA will see that Bonnen’s initial accusation of an Open Carrier stalking him and threatening him at the house was BS. Now we lost Stickland too…. Have you spoken with the NRA liaison here for TX. As a life member of both, I would be interested to hear how donations for the year are going. My guess is not too well.

Thanks,
    Chris

and this was her response -

Chris
    No one attacks the Speaker during session and gets a bill passed any bill. Much less goes to his neighborhood ever. Beyond stupid. Next. No bill ever passes without a senate component or support in the House from members. There was none

Bonnen is and always has been a jerk but I can give you a list of jerks we work with so what.
    Strickland was weak and ineffective all the way around and was referred to by the other 149 members as “Sticky”.
    Empower Texas is sneaky narrow minded and aggressive. So it’s like tip toeing through a mine field. You do what you can to pass what’s possible.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
    Get the new AOL app: mail.mobile.aol.com

Alice needs to go to. I anticipate I will see TSRA at a booth at the NRA Expo and I will tell them that. No donations to TSRA until I see a major about face.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have cut off any money to the NRA. I am a life member. I think that the TSRA was deceptive in their answers and that Constitutional Carry was never a priority. I was not a member of either one. I felt that Chriss McNutt was upfront while the TSRA threw Texans under the bus. I am tired of having to listen to organizations engaged in a Texas Two-step when engaged in promoting firearm rights.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have cut off any money to the NRA. I am a life member. I think that the TSRA was deceptive in their answers and that Constitutional Carry was never a priority. I was not a member of either one. I felt that Chriss McNutt was upfront while the TSRA threw Texans under the bus. I am tired of having to listen to organizations engaged in a Texas Two-step when engaged in promoting firearm rights.

As a member of TSRA, AND actively involved - I can assure you that CC IS a priority. What you have to remember is that we have to work with the representatives YOU folks send to Austin - and many of 'em get vapors when you say the word "armed citizen". We can have YEARS of good PR destroyed with ONE dumb act - or one PRESENTED that way by a legislator intent on derailing CC, as we saw in the most recent session. The fight ISN'T over - and I'm hoping that others will do as I am - actively seeking out GOOD pro-2nd candidates and supporting their campaign efforts with $$$, even if they don't serve our area.

gshayd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    How long has Constitutional carry been languishing in Austin? I can go back to Dec of 2016 that says it was about to pass in Texas. We have seen other states pass us by. How long do you have to play political footsie before you get tired of it?

Top Bottom