Join TexasGunTalk

The enabler at TRSA

Discussion in 'TSRA' started by gshayd, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Best first post by a new member since forever.

2. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Best second post by a new member since forever.

jordanmills and roadrunner like this.
  3. roadrunner

roadrunner TGT Addict

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I wonder how long it will take for the TSRA/NRA to have Mike Cox take down the youtube video.

4. popper

popper Active Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Tsra has been Hohum in congress the last 2 sessions. Listened to her testimony, yawn. Gun range shut down due to a suspected stray bullet. Yawn. Only thing that counts is big city le bosses and Dems.

5. 45tex

45tex TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2009
    That is what the NRA said about supporting Stinking Harry Reid. It's a sellout argument

Renegade likes this.
  6. 45tex

45tex TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2009
    Serious stuff being discussed and the TSRA guy jumps in with... OOH lookey here, we got guns to give away and look how easy they are to buy in for. Honestly sir, I feel pandered to and treated like a child. We know you don't own the club but don't think Texans are so addled the conversation will stop. The top needs to be chopped down at the NRA and the TSRA. Even if you give away 100 guns the "we have been had" feeling remains

Edit, I know it appears now that one top has been chopped but my comment stands based on where I was reading when I commented. ty

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No matter what I might say, you want to turn it around. Interesting - you SHOULD feel like a child - you're certainly acting like one. No one wants the conversation to stop - but can we at least do so like adults? I've been pretty clear in my thoughts as to where the TSRA needs to go - but I also realize it doesn't happen overnight, much as I might wish it could.
    By the same token, strides HAVE been made - and will continue to be.

8. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Why would they want it taken down? The man doesn't like to open carry, and states why. That has nothing to do with CC - and he doesn't state that OC shouldn't be allowed - only that he doesn't. Or isn't he allowed that opinion?

I've talked with Mike at length - and will continue to do so. I've never heard him opine against CC in any way, and we've debated OC several times. I respect his choice, he respects mine. Not much more to be said, IMO.

9. 45tex

45tex TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2009
    Read your own post.
    "For example, our latest gun raffle is actually available via the web/e-commerce. No filling out tickets manually and mailing them in - you can get them online."

10. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah - giving an example of small steps towards making things more modern. There's other things in the works - and as they're ready to go, they'll be rolled out to the membership. It's like anything else - you have to start somewhere, and if we're going to stub our toe, it's easier to recover from this than some mainstream change that's being worked on.