• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    you SHOULD feel like a child - you're certainly acting like one.
    I don't feel like a child, I feel like you, the big insider and keeper of the knowledge. are treating us all like children. We don't need your give away and "it would be too boring to tell you." We adults would like some meaningful ad vocation of our positions at the state level that the TSRA has not provided.
    Back on page 2 you complained about anti OC people and now TSRA has one as your leader
    leader.
    Texas SOT

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Why would they want it taken down? The man doesn't like to open carry, and states why. That has nothing to do with CC - and he doesn't state that OC shouldn't be allowed - only that he doesn't. Or isn't he allowed that opinion?

I've talked with Mike at length - and will continue to do so. I've never heard him opine against CC in any way, and we've debated OC several times. I respect his choice, he respects mine. Not much more to be said, IMO.

Listen to the first minute of the youtube video. It is pretty obvious that he does not want people to be able to carry without taking a LTC class. Does that not mean that he is against CC?

As for OC he may be OK with it or maybe not. Who knows?

The TSRA doesn't want it to be common knowledge that they are against CC. That is why they would want the youtube video taken down.

Last edited:

ThoughtCriminal2A

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Austin
    ... It's like anything else - you have to start somewhere, and if we're going to stub our toe, it's easier to recover from this than some mainstream change that's being worked on.

Ok, so is the TSRA lobbyist director Mike Cox implementing changes now in strategy, operations, and tactics to deal with the inevitable push for gun control that is coming next session?
    Or not?

To "start somewhere",
    is TSRA now committed to fielding staff and lobbying resources, in abundance, that will be necessary to effectively manage the defense next session against the projected 40 (more likely 48) gun control bills, that will certainly be fast tracked and pushed through in both chambers, spread out among a half dozen committees, all chaired by militant progressives?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's pretty obvious that anything I say is going to be twisted and reformed to fit your argument. If this is the way you lobby for CC, it's pretty obvious why it's not meeting with much success. I'm always happy to discuss things - but I'm not going to sit here and be your little whipping boy for your rants. You can go ahead and do some air fist-bumps, but in the end you're proving nothing but exactly why some of the gun owners of this state need to learn how politics work - much as we may dislike them.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The new head of TSRA does seem like a bit of a FUDD, ( based on his video) but I will withhold judgement until I see if he lobbies differently from what he appears to be saying in his video.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don’t care how the lobbying is done, what I (and probably most others here) care about is results.

ETA: I’m curious of the organization and PAC/lobbyists are out of touch with us or are we just seen as crazy and don’t know it?

Make me happy:

30.06/.07 goes away and any type of gun buster sign has no enforcement power. Obviously, Fed restrictions have to stay in play.

Constitutional Carry while maintaining LTC for reciprocity. What is so different about Texans that will make the streets bleed here, when it hasn’t happened anywhere else.

That’s be a good place to start.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still astounded that Alice Tripp and "OUR" TSRA have decided to just ignore the current anti-Wayne LaPierre movement & flap.

Dear Alice, this isn't just going to go-away !

Wayne's behaviors are just too egregious. Either Wayne of the NRA is going down !

leVieux

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    So what I have learned from this thread: Something I already knew (TSRA is run by a bunch of Fudds, lickspittles of the NRA, Democrats to the core, who despite their public lies do not want Constitutional Carry), and something I didn't know (one of our own members now wears the official TSRA Gimp Suit).

Paging TSRA Gimp Suit Meltdown in three...two...one.. :D

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    So what I have learned from this thread: Something I already knew (TSRA is run by a bunch of Fudds, lickspittles of the NRA, Democrats to the core, who despite their public lies do not want Constitutional Carry), and something I didn't know (one of our own members now wears the official TSRA Gimp Suit).

Paging TSRA Gimp Suit Meltdown in three...two...one.. :D

Are you talking about the "little whipping boy"? If so I think you are being a little hard on him. I don't think he wears a gimp suit.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is way past time to flush the entire NRA cesspool; LaPierre & ALL of his sycophants must GO, or the NRA is DEAD !

Our TSRA must be made to serve Texans and our Constitution(s), not Little Wayne, nor any other "national interest" !

Our common goal should be the removal of ALL "legal" restrictions on non-criminal citizens and our defensive weapons.

Sadly Texas has allowed a stupid anti-handgun law to stay on the books for over a century, so now too many think that restrictions are somehow "normal".

Our needs and our aims are timeless; "Tejas Libre" !

leVieux

Top Bottom