Join TexasGunTalk

The enabler at TRSA

Discussion in 'TSRA' started by gshayd, Aug 2, 2019.

1. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IOW, you don't have an idea how to do it = but you're not going to pass by a chance to toss out an insult. Classy.

2. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In that regard, I am not going to argue. I'll tell you honestly that I was beyond upset with it - especially given that I'd withheld judgement until such a time as I could verify more - in this case, when those bodycam recordings came out. I'm still not sure that going to his neighborhood was the wisest move ever made - but beyond a doubt, there was misrepresentation as to what transpired that day - and it certainly wasn't by McNutt. There are times when things get moving sideways that are difficult to correct - and sometimes we get hampered by "corporatism", where we tend not to say what we'd really want to say because we're trying to be measured in our responses. But I can tell you that behind the scenes, there have been some pretty brutal discussions on a variety of subjects - and the happenings of this last session are certainly among them.

Sublime likes this.
  3. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    TSRA is stuck with the same problem NRA has.

The image of a single person is hampering the success of the entire organization. Yet many folks staunchly defend the person, despite the overwhelming evidence they are detrimental to the cause. In both organizations it is past time for confidants of both folks to take them aside and tell them it is time to retire with grace.

GoPappy, LaVbRef and V-Tach like this.
  4. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd have to say it goes beyond a single person. The general perception is certainly not helped - but there's been a lack of attention to some things that IS being addressed. Some of it is little things - such as our recent website changes, and updating how things are done. For example, our latest gun raffle is actually available via the web/e-commerce. No filling out tickets manually and mailing them in - you can get them online. We're working towards making that a more common thing.....it'll make life easier for all, I think.

The personnel issues....well, IMO they ARE different - but it's not as easy as telling someone to go away - you have to be prepared to replace them with a person that fits within the mission goals and job profile - but it will happen. That's really all I can say about that at this time.

5. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I do have an idea get rid of Bonwell and the other hinderance Dan Patrick. Let's bring the bill to the floor and vote on it. My State Representative is James White who filed HB 1911 for Constitutional Carry. I write to him on these issues. I also joined Texas Gun Rights who is doing a full-court press for Constitutional carry and are not paying footsie with Bonwell under the table while giving lip service to Constitutional Carry. That sounds like an idea of how to do it to me. I am not sure of the Constitutional Carry position of Senator Nichols. I will be corresponding with him. Sounds like a plan to me.

dennisz and roadrunner like this.
  6. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
    Pflugerville
    How would you go about executing this plan? You make it sound so simple.

7. TexasRedneck

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Do you know the process involved in getting the bill to the floor?

Oh - and it's Bonnen. If you're going to go after someone, it's best to at least know their name.

8. leVieux

leVieux Old Guy "Have Gun; Won't Travel !"

Mar 28, 2013
    Saint Martinville, LA
    Reading my TSRA magazine, I note that Alice Tripp's summary of her visit to the national NRA shindig didn't even mention the growing anti-LaPierre sentiment.

Makes me wonder if the TSRA is really "representing" us nationally, or if they are among the NRA's LaPierre sycophants?

Until now, I have always had great respect for the TSRA.

leVieux

9. roadrunner

roadrunner TGT Addict

Jan 30, 2018
    Here

The TSRA is a NRA puppet organization here in Texas. It is not representing anything nationally, it is strictly a state organization. You will never hear anything negative about wayne lapierre or the NRA from alice tripp. You will also never hear alice tripp say anything negative about the Speaker of the Texas House, dennis bonnen.

jordanmills, LaVbRef and leVieux like this.
  10. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Alice retires August 31.

308nato and toddnjoyce like this.