The enabler at TRSA

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
CC was already dead in Committee by the time of the annual meeting. Sounds like they tried a little after the fact scramble to make it appear they were for CC.
That was done to make the TSRA's position clear to anyone wondering. We have been supporting CC for several sessions prior - but it wasn't as clear as some of the members wanted it - so they clarified. There's been a lot done within TSRA over the past 5 years or so - and more being done in regards to gun legislation - but you also have to remember it's not our only mission. There's all sorts of things being tried within various legislative proposals to regulate guns and gun ownership, much of which has been overlooked by the various other groups. It's not hard to do - there's a LOT of moving parts in various legislative bills, and the anti-gunners are pushing into every one of 'em in an effort to advance THEIR cause. That's why there's times that it's good to have contacts within the "other" side - to get intel on new ideas/approaches they're going to try. Things like the "safety program" they tried to slide in that would have required ALL guns to be secured within an "approved" safe/container when not in active use.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
Nov 25, 2018
Beaumont, Texas
If the position ay TSRA had been clear we should have had Constitutional Carry passed this session. Instead, a good while will pass till we get another chance. Alice and the TRSA praised those who helped to kill it. Instead anti-gunners a praising a big win for this session because TSRA let them push the agenda. Please spare us the apologetic mumbo jumbo and excuses. Makes me wonder if TSRA and Bonnen made some deals?
https://texasscorecard.com/state/tsra-praises-killer-constitutional-carry/

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
Nov 25, 2018
Beaumont, Texas
exactly.... If both versions of the Bill were supported they should have been voted out of committee and headed to the floor right after the session began.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
exactly.... If both versions of the Bill were supported they should have been voted out of committee and headed to the floor right after the session began.
Welcome to Texas politics.......where a bill can be killed without ever coming up for a vote, much less seeing the light of day. This is why everyone needs to be on their phones, calling THEIR local reps and holding their feet to the fire. Right now, we need to find a strong rep that will reintroduce the bill(s) - ideally, several of them. I'm talking with two right now, hoping that they'll take it on.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
It was clear - it was additional printed material that WE had requested.
Stop digging.

As I pointed out, I got the mailer from TSRA on February 4th 2019 direct from Alice Tripp. CC was not on it this session. It was not a priority. As I pointed out, and the link gshayd provided, TSRA tried to retroactively make it look like they supported CC after it was dead.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Sorry - you weren't paying attention.....and it was the 2017 session where the best chances were stymied by some ill-advised activities.
The following link at TSRA-PAC says there was no unlicensed carry bill filed in the Senate during the 2017 session. Feel free to explain us how that made 2017 our best chance? How do you stymy something that was never filed?

https://www.tsrapac.com/tsralegislativehistory/

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Excuse me?!?? It's listed right there - it shows that it died without going forward to the senate - but that was after some of the supporters got into the capital and raised a ruckus, costing a lot of support to be lost.

Renegade

SuperOwner
Mar 5, 2008
Texas
Excuse me?!?? It's listed right there - it shows that it died without going forward to the senate - .
Forum rules prevent me from directly quoting from their website.

Give me the SB# then. I do not see it.

Top Bottom