• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Costa Rica is #1 on my relocation list. Just have to smuggle in a few dozen of my Military “based firearms” by sea. Other firearms are ok. Cost of living, climate, ability to still collect social security and retirement make it appealing if America suffers another Great Depression in the next few years.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The American dream isn’t dead. His definition of the American dream is not really what the American dream is. The irony of his article stating that the American dream is only available to those earning over $250k is that anyone who is in moderately good health can achieve that salary if they are willing to put in the work.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    The American dream isn’t dead. His definition of the American dream is not really what the American dream is. The irony of his article stating that the American dream is only available to those earning over $250k is that anyone who is in moderately good health can achieve that salary if they are willing to put in the work.
    No working men I know make that kind of loot.

Must be some kind of yuppy gig?

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    250,000/2,000 =$125/hr......

I've had good years....never had a year that was more than 1/2 that good! Not working 40hrs, either!

Good luck to them!

Now them jobs laying around in them air conditioned offices?

Them seem to pay real good...

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    The most That I've made working for the other person was $140,000.00 per year. That only lasted for 2 years. As a construction superintendent, the pay starts at $1,600.00 per week
    and an extra $700.00 per week when I went out of town. The bad part of this is that you
    work 45 - 50 hours a week and no over time because it's a salary position.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    I think lots of economics writers have little or zero real world experience and knowledge. They never get fact checked and continue to publish drivel. Quality checks are sadly lacking.

The American Dream is still here. It takes what it has always taken: 1. self-discipline, 2. Time and 3. a budget. My wife and I have been debt free for over a decade, raised 4 kids with her being primarily a full time mom, and are both working now to get the last round of toys and build an inflation hedge. Our kids appear to be doing well too.

While I do not follow Dave Ramsey's every rule, I love listening to his shows with folks making it to Debt Free Scream and millionaire status.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Costa Rica is #1 on my relocation list. Just have to smuggle in a few dozen of my Military “based firearms” by sea. Other firearms are ok. Cost of living, climate, ability to still collect social security and retirement make it appealing if America suffers another Great Depression in the next few years.
    A friend of mine is planning to relocate from GA to Costa Rica when he retires in a few years. His wife is from South America and he is comfortable with the language and cultural changes they will encounter. While I'm not happy with the direction the U.S. is going, I couldn't be comfortable living outside our borders. However I could never live in some of the states within our Country. I'm as close to the American Dream as I'll ever be!

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    A friend of mine is planning to relocate from GA to Costa Rica when he retires in a few years. His wife is from South America and he is comfortable with the language and cultural changes they will encounter. While I'm not happy with the direction the U.S. is going, I couldn't be comfortable living outside our borders. However I could never live in some of the states within our Country. I'm as close to the American Dream as I'll ever be!

A lot of Americans own property in Costa Rica, and vaccination there. Lower cost of living and higher internet speed than most of America. They have no military, and no real enemies or threats. I think it takes a year to get their medical coverages.
    If things don’t change, America is going to hit some hard times. Hopefully Texas will be ok, but everyone will suffer. I grew up dirt poor. I want to retire with some luxury and peace. Costa Rica is my pick, if Democrats get control in 2024 and America becomes unaffordable and a 3rd world country.
    Look at the National debt, Credit Card debt, housing costs, and inflation. We are ready for a Great Depression. In about 8-9 years I plan to retire and between now and then, will figure out if I stay in Texas, or brush up on Spanish (of a few dozen foreign countries I have been to, everyone knows English, and in Costa Rica I can get a Ford Everest SUV and Jeep Wrangler).

Top Bottom