Lynx Defense

Thanksgiving. What are you especially thankful for this year.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    So spill it, if you wish.

Mini dissertation below. Yep I'm one blessed crotchety bastard who has an abundance of blessings.

I've got 4 kids. 3 are outstandingly successful who make good choices and work their arses off. The youngest 2 are in or will be in college as soon as the youngest graduates this year. She has been working full time the last 4 years and taking all kind of college classes on line and thru the dual credit option in her AP classes. She is so far along she starts college as a junior in the fall. Two years younger than her sister, they will both graduate college at the same time. One from Texas Women's University and the other from UNT.

My oldest spent 8 years in the army, still in the reserves and working for the same department I started my career in. My youngest daughter will also be going the Law Enforcement route but has eyes on Federal employment. Not the ATF she says.

We thought we lost my oldest daughter to drugs and all the BS that goes with it. We told he we cant fix drug addicts and that they can only do that them selves and until that's the case she was on her own so she can hit bottom asap. No enabling from anyone.

Well, shes been out of her short stay in prison for a while now and although she absconded and relapsed a couple times the state gave her one more chance in an inpatient rehab. She lives on her own and has a job now, and is going on the longest stretch of sobriety and out of trouble since she started her downward sprial.

Hopefully she finds her way back.

Also celebrated my 20th year of marriage, 2nd one, and am presently enjoying the satisfaction of a good life and watching my kids become better than me. Well 3 out of 4 anyways but the curtain hasn't fallen on the 4th yet.

You're dammed right I'm thankful and for a great many things.

Oh yeah, one more thing, while I think Trump is a bumbling buffoon who is in no way a conservative, I so greatly enjoy watching him confound and frustrate the left. The left who has spent so many years calling people racist xenophobic etc, and getting their way by doing so, seem completely incapable of an independent original thought or a way to respond when faced with their own tactics in someone they cant control. Pure satisfying theater at its finest. I am greatly thankful for this. I love it. God forgive me I love it so.

I almost feel guilty. Well not really.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Capitol Armory ad

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I get to see a new sunrise every morning. My Dad passed away at 48 from a heart attack. I have had two stents and a quadruple bypass with no heart damage. I was deceased for a very very short time when they took me off the blood machine and restarted my ticker after the bypass surgery. I turned 63 this year. I am grateful for President Trump. As James Carville, a Clinton person said its all about the economy. Trump may be a little rough around the edges but he is a fighter. He has had to slug his way around DC from Day 1 as no other president has. The Democrat's message was this is just how the economy is going to be and Americans have to accept it. Trump told us he could make America Great again. He has and will make it greater if he gets four more years. He has slowly tuned the Federal courts more constitutionalist and is close to flipping more appeals courts. The 9th will be flipped if he has four more years.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Thankful for another good year. Family is all healthy and doing well. Close friends are doing well also.

Business is chugging right along. Thankful to have Trump in office and look forward to 5 more years.

Thankful to have a large extended family through TGT where I feel surrounded by friends anytime I stop in.

Just thankful everything is moving in the right direction again.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Wow, way too much to be thankful for, feel truly blessed.

Thankful for my girls and the success they have achieved. Thankful for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren that bring light into my life. Thankful for my wonderful wife (2nd one) of 29 years, she's made me better than I ever thought I could be. Thankful for my job, a great economy and God's gift of being Texan that let's me live a comfortable life. And thankful for my second (3rd, 4th?) chance due to great doctors and medical science that patched me back up. Finally thankful to be a part of this community that reminds me not everyone has lost their damn minds.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I am thankful that the wife and I still pretty healthy. I am thankful that the wife and I are getting the pieces of the puzzle together for our move to Texas. I am thankful that I discovered Texas Gun Talk.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Thankful for mine and hers. No ours, 5 is enough, all grown. 15 G-Kids, and 5 GG-Kids. Starting to feel old, the oldest GG-daughter became a teenager this year. Completely retired this year. Like my wifes coffee cup, Snoopy dancing and saying, "Nothing to Do, Nothing to Do"

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Most all of the above, but I’ll include pecan pie. I like pie, especially warm out of the oven pecan pie.

3161FFFB-227B-460D-8EDB-62B9E641CF42.jpeg

Attachments

• 3161FFFB-227B-460D-8EDB-62B9E641CF42.jpeg
      3161FFFB-227B-460D-8EDB-62B9E641CF42.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 391
    Top Bottom