Join TexasGunTalk

TGT Vaping Thread

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by itchin, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Coiled

Coiled online Supermodel

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-02/sfts-nss021720.php

[added for clarity]
    The study included 618,497 participants with no diagnosis or treatment for depression in the prior 12 months. Compared with NRT, varenicline [Chantix] and bupropion [Wellbutrin and Zyban] were associated with a 20% and 25% lower 1-year risk of cardiovascular hospitalization, respectively. Also compared with NRT, varenicline and bupropion were associated with a 35% lower and 21% higher 1-year risk of neuropsychiatric hospitalization, respectively.

2. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If I’m reading that right, it’s showing Chantix as a positive. But maybe I’m not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Shut my kidneys down. Only took about a week...... good times.

Few months later we saw Chase at Twenty Nine Palms and he cursed me for takin it explaining that he saw tons of people every day that came into the ER on Chantix. Of course there was every side effect you could think of.

4. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I had a long talk with my wife before trying it and we agreed that if the side effects ever got to the point she was uncomfortable she would get me off of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad_Roman likes this.
  5. Dad_Roman

Dad_Roman TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Roger that. I realized it almost immediately and un-assed that stuff.

6. Coiled

Coiled online Supermodel

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    I took the whole article as meaning Chantix has 'improved' over the years, whatever that means.

7. Coiled

Coiled online Supermodel

Nov 25, 2016
    SE Tx
    It's an oral med. :p

Bozz10mm and Dad_Roman like this.
  8. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Which is one of the things I never understood. The doctors won't, and under any known circumstances, never will, prescribe Welbutrin to me. Which is an anti-depressant, that can often, and effectively, help folks quit smoking, because I had a TBI. But after a twenty minute, most likely less, conversation with my primary care doctor they were willing to prescribe to me a drug that had a legitimate possibility of making think I really was ten foot tall, bullet proof, and could fly.

Just makes me wonder...

Now granted, this drug had only been on the market for two, maybe, threes years when I took it. So I'm sure all now known and then unknown side effects were not available.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  9. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    10 years ago my doctor suggested Chantix to me. I asked him what the side affects were. He looked at me sideways for a second as if to say "Nothing worse than chemo therapy or radiation treatments." I know he wanted to say that, heh. But then he started with the long list of side affects.

I said "No thanks doc, I'll take my chances with vaping". He was good with that.

10. Byrd666

Byrd666 Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere TGT Supporter

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Okay guys and gals, I need some opinions and ideas. I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive, fairly small-ish dual 18650 box mod. I've got a two year old(+-) Sigelei Shikra that is slowly dying on me, and a SMOK Species that eats up batteries. And I Hate the fire button on the SMOK.

I'd like to keep it below the $50.00 range. Something that will last, do well in wattage only, the other options are just wasted on me, and will work well with an Eleaf IJust S tank.