• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    It took me five tries. In that time, I created an independent Yahoo account from my wife, so I could blast Al Roker, the idiot at the Dunkin Donuts, and the fool that ran over little kids.

Know how to get to the command prompt on your computer?

In Win10 go to the search icon on the bottom tool bar.

Type in cmd.exe
    At the blinking cursor on the black screen type in: tracert www.texasguntalk.com
    Hit enter.

That will usually show you where either the bottleneck is, or where the path to TGT's server is failing.

That info can be copied and posted to a post and can help the tech guys where the problem is.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I'm confused. Did you create that account on TGT or somewhere else?
    No. I created a separate Yahoo account from my wife, as she is a middle child, and may share some of the same opinions I do, she just is reticent to be vocal about them. So, I created my own Yahoo account to do my lambasting on the topics at hand in Yahoo comments, while I waited for this website to do what it needed to do. It was that slow on the TGT site, that I could do other things elsewhere while it was still struggling to load.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Well, I simply go to google, and type TexasGunTalk, hit the link and I was good to go. Up until about a week or two ago. Now, it went from fast to FUBAR. I am not sure why TGT is doing that to random users. There is a kink in the server hose somewhere metaphorically speaking. (The following error occurred, you must wait 173 seconds before posting this), is what I got when I tried to post this post.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If it matters.

I use a tablet. Amazon fire(Android). The browser is DuckDuckGo. No laptop or the box looking computer. Strictly tablet.

I don't stay logged on when I close the window. Cookies cleared.

The can't be reached episodes are random. Today it's been full speed. I usually encounter it after 12:00a.m.. However a recent episode was much earlier.

It doesn't last that long. Nothing like more then 3-5mins. I've check the website, "Is it up?" during the episode. They say it's working when it happens.

Last edited:

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    I believe this is a small dissection of a bigger problem. No, not the fact the site is fubar, but the implied attitudes of some not affected. Nevermind, I'm not going to go there, (sorta). But, be forewarned, study the past, and get ready. Navigating this site is a total PITA for me these days, I am happy to be here.

The SHTF is here. It's not hordes of illegals, roaming zombies , or bad guys you need to prepare for.

Do you have a generator? That's going to be the first thing to go. Do you have a real "stand your ground" place? It's not your guns or property that are going to be attacked or valuable, it's food and water. Are they in a bullet proof safe?

You're not going to see any invaders posing threats, it's going to come electronically, over the net. Russia is already infiltrating Farcebook with propaganda posts. Where is your money? "In God we Trust". You better, because, your "money" is a blip on a screen, right? You don't have it in hand, and you pay online. THAT'S WHERE IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

Study the Great Depression, because it more mirrors what's coming than the "grab my bug out bag dreamers" think.

Oh well, yeah, I have big problems on my phone..... sorry for the rant, but....I hope NOTHING happens.

Top Bottom