ARJ Defense ad

TGT DFW Bulls-Eye Shooters Team & Smack Down!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Roster for Bulls-eye competition.

Kingofwileytx
    Navyguy
    High-Cap 1911
    Rocket Cowboy
    HK Boy
    Aenimated1
    MadMo
    Shorts
    Orclin *
    Malladus *

PM me if I missed anyone.

Also, get out there and find anyone forum member that you think may be interested and never attended a meet and get them out there. Call you friends and have them join the forum and bring them out. Let’s make this the biggest meet yet!!!!

Our fellow forum members down south are envious of our group and the fact we have such a good time – let’s rub it in along with the fact they have no chance of winning this match!!!!

Teams will be formed as folks get to the range.
    The plan is that as a team is formed, they will shoot their leg of the bulls-eye.

HK Boy and I will be there early to set up.
    You can get your target when you pay the range free - it’s the LEO silhouette; B27E is the style. I will have a few extra just in case.

Team names have been chosen and will be assigned as follows:
    Team #1 TGT DFW Pistolero’s
    Team #2 Cowtown Duelers
    Team #3 DFW Smokin' Guns
    Team #4 DFW Lead Slingers

Thanks for the help, input and support getting this off the ground!!!

If any thing changes you will find it here in this thread.

Thanks

-MadMo

********************* Shoot Rules***********************
    Total 20 rounds
    5 @ 3 Yard
    5 @ 7 Yards
    5 @ 15 Yards
    5 @ 25 Yards

No contenders or other rifle rounds in pistol grip configured guns.
    Center fire pistol or revolver only.

Any sight configuration i.e.: iron , scope, halo, red dot, etc....
    One or two handed your preference
    Standard LEO B27 target

Weekend of the 28th – 29th shoot starts and scores need to be in to Alan before next match begins 30 days later.

Rules subject to change as more teams and shooter come on line.

************************** End**************************

Texas SOT

usmcpmi

Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Mad Mo--- I hope yu don't mind my posting here......ya know, keep your friends close...and your enemys closer! I have not had the chance to shoot with any of our team as of yet, But we will do our best to give ya'll a run for your money! If all this goes as well as we hope, maybe we can field a "state team" and compete against other state teams. Who knows? All I know, is it gives me a good excuse to shoot more! MG

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Mad Mo--- I hope yu don't mind my posting here......ya know, keep your friends close...and your enemys closer! I have not had the chance to shoot with any of our team as of yet, But we will do our best to give ya'll a run for your money! If all this goes as well as we hope, maybe we can field a "state team" and compete against other state teams. Who knows? All I know, is it gives me a good excuse to shoot more! MG

USMC you're more than welcome to post amongst the enemy - as you said "keep your enemy's closer." ROFLMAO !!!!

As quickly as this idea has come together and with the support we are seeing, this could become a real big event and could grow into a forum vs forum meet.

We wish you folks all the luck but sometimes luck is just not enough - LOL!!

Take no offense the smack down is all in good fun

Nothing like a good chest beating and howling at the moon to get the troops motivated.
    Hoo-raw!!!

Rocket_Cowboy

Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Hi-Cap ... I believe some of the DTAS guys are planning to meet at Elm Fork this Saturday, around 9:30am. I'm planning to be there in any case, so if that's a good time to get some practice in let's have at it. If not, I'm open to other dates/times/places.

malladus

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Don't think so. I've got a regularly scheduled match I shoot in on that Sunday (steel match at the DPC). They are every third and fourth Sunday of the month. They run from 9:30 - 1 usually.

Any alternate shoot times planned?

malladus

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Don't think so. I've got a regularly scheduled match I shoot in on that Sunday (steel match at the DPC). They are every third and fourth Sunday of the month. They run from 9:30 - 1 usually.

Any alternate shoot times planned?

malladus
    Well Navyguy brought up a point that El Form is not set up with the distances needed but I'm working on that. (no 20 yard just 25 yards)
    Our regular meets are usually over by 12:30 - 1:30 and I was thinking the bulls-eye would follow that shoot.
    That way team shooters had a good warm up.
    So that would translate to about 1:30 or so.
    Right now we are in the planing stage so keep watching and posting as info in posted up.
    I'll do everything possible to accommodate everyone schedule!

-Mo

malladus

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Let me know how it shakes up.

As an aside, maybe it could be arranged that an alternate date could be set for part of us or something or doing it postal style where I can shoot it at the club I belong too with maybe a member or two to witness and then mail it in.

malladus

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Shoot it at 25 yards... we'll do the same.

Besides, where do you think DTAS get's it's instructors... oh that's right, Echo Force which is HQ'd in Austin at Camp Mabry and whom our team is a part of, unofficially of course.

Orclin

Apr 20, 2009
    Damnit! Just checked my calendar and realized that I'll be out of town the weekend of the 27-28. So please disregard my previous post about me signing up for a DFW team :-(
    I'll be in Austin training so maybe I should sneak in to the ATX shoot and heckle the shooters ("HEY..Shooter, Shooter, Shooter..You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn..").
    Scott

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Damnit! Just checked my calendar and realized that I'll be out of town the weekend of the 27-28. So please disregard my previous post about me signing up for a DFW team :-(
    I'll be in Austin training so maybe I should sneak in to the ATX shoot and heckle the shooters ("HEY..Shooter, Shooter, Shooter..You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn..").
    Scott
    The final date for our shoot has not been set in stone yet.
    By this weekend the date will be finalized so for now 'YOU ARE IN" - LOL!!!
    Can't get off that easy!!!
    And by all means heckle then there guys

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Now THAT would be funny.......err, but remember you are heckling armed Texans.....be ready to run.
    I don't know what you're worried about, them boys can't hit what they aim at unless the throw the gun at you! and then maybe if their lucky ;)

That's why they are out practicing but here in DFW we just be warming up the barrels and our trigger fingers..

Big country

TGT Addict
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't know what you're worried about, them boys can't hit what they aim at unless the throw the gun at you! and then maybe if their lucky ;)

That's why they are out practicing but here in DFW we just be warming up the barrels and our trigger fingers..
    Oooooooo I wish I could make this competition soooo bad!

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Man, Mo, I hope we come out ahead, for your sake. I know you like baked potato, but your gonna have a lot of humble pie to eat if they beat us.

I fear not that which can not hurt me, for I walk in the light of greatness. Those that will go before me carry the sword into battle and take the taste of cold steel and lead to our competition.
    Those steady hands, clear eyes and truthful souls that with profound honor and selflessness, thrust themselves before our competition to defend the GREAT names of Dallas / Fort Worth.
    Hey, that be you King!!!!
    I'm on team two and still needing shooters - LOL!!!!!

Hey all in good fun. I have faith in my fellow teammates!

You saw the size of that tater so you know I can eat -ROFLMAO!!!!!

Top Bottom