• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Texas will not be able to succeed. No matter what document was signed years ago. Secondly if they manage to. The United States would move the military in and take your land and claim it as part of the USA.
    The US military shows up to take land you’ll either be killed and they will get your land. Or you will comply and spare your family’s life. We might not like this but it’s the facts.

Biden’s government labels parents that care about their children’s education a domestic terrorist. Not signing any documents that collects people’s information at a gun show. What better place to find radicals.
    BABY BOY LOVE YO HANDLE
    ARJ Defense ad

Randyjaco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2021
    Friendswood
    If you folks remember your history, the last time we tried to secede, it didn't end well. What would make anyone think we would do a better job this time? You have a better chance of winning the lotto and buying your own island.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If you folks remember your history, the last time we tried to secede, it didn't end well. What would make anyone think we would do a better job this time? You have a better chance of winning the lotto and buying your own island.
    Well, you could say that Texas isn't seceding over Fort Sumter this time. Although government overreach is still an issue, slavery certainly isn't.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Had Texas seceeded, but not joined the Confederacy, or the war, we might still be independent... What happened in the past is not the only factor influencing the present, or the future.

At the very least, a positive vote on a referendum would get their attention. To get that referendum requires 80,000 petition signatures.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Personally, I'm not for, or against Texas seceding the United States, and becoming independent.

I see lots of obstacles in the way keeping it from happening, but, those obstacles could be overcome.

@Grumps21 had a very good point. Maybe not so much can't as they won't.

I will say this, IF it were to happen, I would not oppose it happening and would welcome the secession and Texas becoming an independent state.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Personally, I just don't have enough fucks to give for 49 other states, many of which are fucked up beyond fixing...

Texas, the land of my birth, and of many of my fathers before me, is large enough, and potentially powerful enough to stand on her own as an independent nation.

Many of you propose more difficult solutions to assure our future freedom even than Texas independence. Finding agreement for that may indeed not be possible, but fixing America, by regional secession, constitutional convention, or voting in better politicians are no more likely. Most likely is that the union will fail by the will of our "leaders" and they'll take us all down with it.

Kowtow to a failing union if you will, but I will do what I may to advance Texas independence. This petition for a referendum on the question being a first step that is not beyond attainment.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Texas will not be able to succeed. No matter what document was signed years ago. Secondly if they manage to. The United States would move the military in and take your land and claim it as part of the USA.
    The US military shows up to take land you’ll either be killed and they will get your land. Or you will comply and spare your family’s life. We might not like this but it’s the facts.

Biden’s government labels parents that care about their children’s education a domestic terrorist. Not signing any documents that collects people’s information at a gun show. What better place to find radicals.
    What a shitty world to live in.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

When it comes time to secede you needn’t worry about permission. Those who you have deemed unfit to rule are, but the definition of secession, no longer your rulers and have no say. They may attempt to stop you, and they may or may not be successful. But that is a matter of tyranny.

As for the rest, you just listed one of the biggest signs that things are bad enough that secession should be on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Who will pay retirees SS?

You really think that’s gonna last much longer? I’m paying in to the worst investment I could possibly find right now. I wish they would just set a cutoff and end it at some predetermined age. I’d have to keep paying to support those already collecting, but at least I could spare my children from getting screwed even worse than I will.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    You really think that’s gonna last much longer? I’m paying in to the worst investment I could possibly find right now. I wish they would just set a cutoff and end it at some predetermined age. I’d have to keep paying to support those already collecting, but at least I could spare my children from getting screwed even worse than I will.

It’s pretty telling when the unfunded shortfalls - $55.1 trillion for Medicare and $41.2 trillion for Social Security - aren’t even listed on the government’s balance sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    While it's fun to fantasize about Texas becoming a separate country, there is absolutely zero chance of that happening, and I'm sure most of you realize that!

Just more unsubstantiated folly from Allen West...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom