• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    I am a life member of TSRA, i have been getting this mail from TexasGunRights. I put some money for the yearly membership of Texas gun rights as well. I just got an email from TSRA that TexasGunRights claims about a state senator is false.

Is TexasGunRights(https://txgunrights.org/) a legit organization, their page and mission looked ok to me. If it turns out to be a lefty organization I am going to be sick.

I am currently a life member with
    1) NRA (Endowment member)
    2) TSRA
    3) 2nd ammendment foundation
    4. Working on paying off Goa

With all the crap that has been happening I decided to pony up some money for some 2a causes. I upgraded my NRA from Endowment to Patron in easy pay system. If there are any other good ones let me know.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Lots of views and no responses. That doesn't bode well but isn't necessarily a sign that they aren't a legit group either.

You have the big groups covered anyways.

Hopefully somebody can give you more information.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I tried and I mean, I really tried, to get behind the NAGR and TAGR "gun rights" groups. But I never saw them do anything. Other than maybe try and echo that loudmouth Grissom (I think that's who I'm thinking of. (The loudmouth trouble making OCT guy)). Whom I believe did a LOT more damage than good. Now maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places but... And not saying either aren't legit, as I'm hoping they really are. Just that I've never seen anything on it.

As far as others, the Second Amendment Foundation is good as is the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms, JPoF. I can't remember whether I learned of the latter on the interwebz or in person, but if I recall correctly, they work with the SAF and CCRKBA, Citizens Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms quite often on legal matters.

Last edited:

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    Can't find much about texasgunrights, I signed up for other firearms groups including Jpof, hopefully I did some good.

pbpvusa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    Plano, Tx
    I tried and I mean, I really tried, to get behind the NAGR and TAGR "gun rights" groups.
    A.
    I just got an email receipt from texas gun rights for the money I paid. They call themselves TAGR. I guess I can at least sleep well knowing it is not a lefty org. Not sure why TAGR would contradict TSRA.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I really don't believe TAGR or NAGR are leftist groups at all. I'm just thinking that if I can't find some kind of verifiable track record, then what was I paying for? Like I stated before, maybe I just wasn't looking in the right places. And my being leery of either is unfounded.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I got tired of Dudley Brown after his statements regarding the Convention of States article V movement.

https://conventionofstates.com/news/fear-mongering-vs-constitutional-knowledge

Published in Blog on November 30, 2015 by Rita Dunaway

Have you seen the smear campaign from Dudley Brown's little "National Association for Gun Rights"? What's being smeared, you ask?

Just our Constitution.

In a stunning display of ignorance of constitutional law and history, Dudley Brown (a perennial thorn in the side of the NRA) is telling Virginians that an Article V convention for proposing amendments to rein in federal power is a "Constitutional Convention" that can't be limited and will result in some weird doomsday scenario.

Perhaps the only thing worse than Dudley's insults to our Constitution and its drafters' intelligence is the fact that he's using them to make a buck by preying on the fears of honest, hard-working Americans who care about the plight of their country. Shame on him.

Repeating ridiculous falsehoods doesn't make them true, Dudley.

Convention of States Action in Virginia was not about to take this lying down.

So for the next week, I exposed Dudley Brown's fear-mongering falsehoods one by one, paragraph by paragraph. It's important that you read these e-mails so that you can stand up for truth, because it's going to take YOUR activism to put the muzzle on an out-of-control Washington, D.C. Our founding fathers gave us the tools to do this through an ingenious, carefully-designed process. (Doesn't that sound more like the founding fathers you know?) We owe it to them to learn about and USE that process to reclaim our government of the people, by the people, and FOR the people.

The content of my 5-part e-mail series--complete with a real Knockout Punch at the end, is pasted below. But make sure you also check out this open letter from Chuck Cooper, a Supreme Court litigator and one of the nation's fiercest defenders of the Second Amendment...responding to the Dudley Browns of the world.

bob

Brian Boru

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2014
    Texas
    TXGR is the Texas branch of National Association for Gun Rights. They are one of the groups that delivered constitutional carry petitions to the legislature last session. The TXGR pac spent money to defeat anti gun reps like Villalba this session. I like them.

Top Bottom