• ...and so much more!
  • tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    In regards to the comments that not having a federally regulated power grid hurt us:

Back in CA the gas and electric power grid (run by a private corp) and regulated at both the federal and state level still has outages, gas explosions AND even sparks wildland fires.

So being under federal regulations is no guarantee.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Sat in on a Brian Babin town hall phone conference last night. Went pretty much as expected, people bitching about things he could not change. The reason I'm posting that here is both topics recently mentioned 2A and Texas power grid came up in polls. On the 2A question it was "Should Biden be allowed to restrict or modify access to guns, ammo? I have no idea how many folks were on that call. The poll results were 94% against 6% for. One of the other poll questions was "Should Texas connect the power grid to the National power grid?" 92% against 8% for. I did not get to ask a question. One caller did ask why Texas was lagging behind on 2nd Amendment sanctuary laws. Deflected that question to the Texas Congressional members - as he should have... sorta. There are things, on the Federal level, that could be done that would eliminate the need for 2A Sanctuary laws.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sat in on a Brian Babin town hall phone conference last night. Went pretty much as expected, people bitching about things he could not change. The reason I'm posting that here is both topics recently mentioned 2A and Texas power grid came up in polls. On the 2A question it was "Should Biden be allowed to restrict or modify access to guns, ammo? I have no idea how many folks were on that call. The poll results were 94% against 6% for. One of the other poll questions was "Should Texas connect the power grid to the National power grid?" 92% against 8% for. I did not get to ask a question. One caller did ask why Texas was lagging behind on 2nd Amendment sanctuary laws. Deflected that question to the Texas Congressional members - as he should have... sorta. There are things, on the Federal level, that could be done that would eliminate the need for 2A Sanctuary laws.

If Biden and Harris want to push an anti-gun agenda, and make law abiding gun owners criminals simply for owning legal firearms, we do need to have some sort of protections in place. I kind of like state government and LE agencies telling federal LE to pound sand when they come to "harass" or confiscate weapons of that state's citizens.

It chaps my azz, when by the stroke of a pen, one day my guns and accessories were legal, the next day they are not. I hope more and more states will pass such sanctuary laws that will stand up and protects it's citizens against such oppression from rabid gun grabbers like Biden and Harris. At this point, I'm not even sure we can trust the Supreme Court, or our elected Republican legislators to have our back anymore when it comes to our gun rights and the 2nd Amendment.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I’d rather not wait on things to be done on the federal level. Texas should declare itself a sanctuary this session if not sooner.
    Oh I'm with you on that. The point was that U.S. Senator's and Representatives can't chunk that responsibility for protecting the 2nd on the solely, or primarily, on the States suggesting "There's nothing I can do!" There is!!!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom