DK Firearms

Texas State Fair will not allow unlicensed gun owners to enter the fairgrounds with a firearm states Fair FAQs

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Will they post a 30.05 sign? If not, the officer "should not" turn you away without an LTC. Fairgrounds are not on the list of restricted locations under 46.03.
    The way I read it fairgrounds are prohibited. AND the new law says verbal notification OR any clear signage is allowed. Am I wrong ?

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The way I read it fairgrounds are prohibited. AND the new law says verbal notification OR any clear signage is allowed. Am I wrong ?

The website makes their position pretty clear, although I find their position quite amusingly naive. I mean, a pen, a belt, a boot could be a “weapon” under the wrong circumstances… and there’s no way I’m leaving my boots behind.

1b534ec0663346ef81164d472e26b926.jpg

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The website makes their position pretty clear, although I find their position quite amusingly naive. I mean, a pen, a belt, a boot could be a “weapon” under the wrong circumstances… and there’s no way I’m leaving my boots behind.

1b534ec0663346ef81164d472e26b926.jpg
    That's rather idiotic. One will find that my entire body is a weapon if I feel the need to engage in violence. That's not big talk, just an acknowledgement of reality - I never said my body is a GOOD weapon. It's the engineer mindset: Whatever you're using to accomplish a task is a tool. Or the 4chan mindset: Anything is a dildo if you're brave enough.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Ya, I'm too old to fight..yadda yadda yadda. If I have to you're gonna lose eyes ears or anything else I get my hands or teeth on. I need to end it quick. I guarantee the concept of disparity in force comes into play since I'm disabled so if I got to I'm going all in on the first card.

I wont last till round 2. Neither will you.

You being the tard that thinks im an easy mark cause of my disabled plate limp or shuffle.

Everything is a weapon to the motivated.

Teeth, fingers to eyes, knees etc

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    "If you question whether something is safe to bring in, it probably isn't - and should be left at home or in the vehicle."
    That is a giant leftist sign. The typical "what's not explicitly allowed ist verboten".

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Those who do have a LTC can still enter the fair grounds. Read more here under the License to Carry a Handgun of the FAQs.

In the past I would just show my driver license and LTC to the officer at the gate and he/she would wave me in. This is another reason to get the LTC instead of just going with permitless carry.
    A follow-up comment I mentioned elsewhere on this forum. The Fair admissions staff would have a heck of screening problem for non-LTC attendees. In 2019 the daily attendance was 40K-296K range. So even a small number of constitutional carriers would be a lot of people to screen (background check?) and get through the gates. Easier to say no this year.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Those who do have a LTC can still enter the fair grounds. Read more here under the License to Carry a Handgun of the FAQs.

In the past I would just show my driver license and LTC to the officer at the gate and he/she would wave me in. This is another reason to get the LTC instead of just going with permitless carry.
    I went to the Fair 10/14/21 showed my DL and LTC as usual to Dallas officer at gate. He checked good to go.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX

I decided a while back to go ahead and renew mine. It's only 40 bucks and worth it imo. Of course depending on if they are gonna search everyone who wants in or not, carriers could just keep quiet and go on in. If they search everyone then I wouldn't spend a dime with them.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I decided a while back to go ahead and renew mine. It's only 40 bucks and worth it imo. Of course depending on if they are gonna search everyone who wants in or not, carriers could just keep quiet and go on in. If they search everyone then I wouldn't spend a dime with them.

Everyone passes thru a metal detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom