• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Several years ago now; I was in a class of seven or eight folks. This included a couple of couples. The morning class went well (i.e., fast) enough. After lunch we met at the range for the shooting portion.

I had one husband/wife team to my left. The husband was like all the folks to my right. He more-or-less knew what he was doing (...meaning, he was at least “safe”). His wife however....

She was to my immediate left. I got the first clue as to her “shooting experience” upon the first reload. She was trying to load the rounds into the magazine, backwards. Her husband stepped over and kinda helped her out. On we went...

It was funny to watch the instructor tally up her score at the end. She had no discernible pattern. Her shots were all over the place. Her target looked like Swiss cheese (and not in the good kinda way!). I’m pretty sure a few shots not only missed the silhouette but missed the entire target. After careful (& lengthy) target analysis by the instructor, I can only surmise he determined some rounds must’ve gone through the same hole, she passed. She was scary.

Last edited:

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I had some dude in my class that was awesome. I think he had every shot in a three inch circle. I shudder to think what I did at the time.

Forgive my first post in this thread, all I saw were vertical dots.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    I had some dude in my class that was awesome. I think he had every shot in a three inch circle. I shudder to think what I did at the time.

Forgive my first post in this thread, all I saw were vertical dots.
    That was me

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Robert, not a problem. I got “pimped over” by TapATalk and thought I was posting in a new thread, when it had me posting in the ‘Do you carry cocked & locked’ thread. So I just was in the process of moving my posts over to the new one. Sometimes TapATalk locks up in a weird sorta way.

That’s awesome about the guy shooting in your class. For the first couple of stations, I put all my rounds through a ragged hole. The instructor jokingly asked me, if I was trying to make his counting difficult? I dropped one point at the 15-yard mark - got in a rush on the timed portion. I saved my target to take home but more as just a souvenir of the occasion.

But that was years ago.... before a cornea transplant and two cataract surgeries and two follow-up laser cataract surgeries. So I’m sure it would be more of a struggle now.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Hmmm. Interesting video.

I note that he starts all shooting with the pistol below his line of sight, finger off the trigger. (It's also generally pointed over the berm, but that's not my point. :))

I've shot the course. I've observed it being shot under multiple different instructors. Every class I've ever seen, the countdown to the fire command is fairly obvious and every person aims and places a finger on the trigger (usually immediately) before the command to fire. I've even heard more than one instructor tell the firing line to "Aim in" or something similar in between the command to load and the command to fire.

Does any LTC instructor here require the students to start from a low position? Has anyone here ever attended an LTC class where this was required?

Just curious.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Several years ago now; I was in a class of seven or eight folks. This included a couple of couples. The morning class went well (i.e., fast) enough. After lunch we met at the range for the shooting portion.

I had one husband/wife team to my left. The husband was like all the folks to my right. He more-or-less knew what he was doing (...meaning, he was at least “safe”). His wife however....

She was to my immediate left. I got the first clue as to her “shooting experience” upon the first reload. She was trying to load the rounds into the magazine, backwards. Her husband stepped over and kinda helped her out. On we went...

It was funny to watch the instructor tally up her score at the end. She had no discernible pattern. Her shots were all over the place. Her target looked like Swiss cheese (and not in the good kinda way!). I’m pretty sure a few shots not only missed the silhouette but missed the entire target. After careful (& lengthy) target analysis by the instructor, I can only surmise he determined some rounds must’ve gone through the same hole, she passed. She was scary.
    I shot out the middle of the target. Just one big ragged hole. They looked at mine and said "two fiddy" and that was that. I'd thought about putting the last one through the head, but I didn't want to lose the score.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Does any LTC instructor here require the students to start from a low position? Has anyone here ever attended an LTC class where this was required?

Just curious.
    I do not for LTC. Less movement = more safe with LTC.

I do for Level III qual/requal. I also make anyone shooting a DA fire the first shot from DA in the security qual. I also have a full day to go over training with Level III

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    No eye or h̶e̶a̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ protection! :banghead:

(Further analysis revealed he had ear plugs jammed deep in!)

upload_2020-7-16_7-58-49.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-16_7-58-49.png
      upload_2020-7-16_7-58-49.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 522
    Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I was thinkin' "... hell we didn't do anything like that at all!" Then I realized we did do exactly that but we weren't moving the table.... Gotten old sucks! ;)

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Instructor looked at my target. One ragged hole, except for one hole near the bottom of the target.

He raised his eyebrows and looked at me. I discreetly nodded at the guy next to me.

I had seen the guy next to me take aim and shoot at my target once before realizing he was on the wrong target. He appeared to never have fired a gun before.

Instructor just chucked and did not say a word.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    When we took our class it was full. About 15 peeps. Maybe more. They really didn’t seem too concerned with the target but more with the individual mechanics of how we handled the weapon. There were a few who had never fired a weapon prior to that day. My wife was more accurate than I but we both enjoyed the class. Gained some insight from the instructor (who was very good IMO). And yes, we had that one guy too that just seemed to put every shot in the same spot. I mean he was impressive.

Top Bottom