Venture Surplus ad

Texas Senate passes bill that would ENFORCE ALL new federal gun laws....thanks, CLEET!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    Why is the GOA sending me this email praising the Texas Senate's 2A Sanctuary Bill with no mention of the poison amendment that reverses the Bills Intent?

Gun Owners of America
    Texas Senate Takes Action on Constitutional Carry & 2A Sanctuary Bills
    Hey xxxx

Today is the big day: For the first time ever in Texas history, a Senate committee will hear public testimony on Constitutional Carry! CLICK HERE for important information if you are attending the hearing.

The Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues convenes at 9:00 a.m. to hear only one bill: HB 1927. After laying out the bill, they will hear testimony from Texans who have traveled to Austin from all across the state. Each person who wishes to testify for, on, or against the bill can speak for 2 minutes. The hearing will last as long as there are people who wish to testify.

This is Texans’ invitation to show up and tell Texas Senate members in person why Constitutional Carry, HB 1927, is necessary for the safety and security of Texas. HB 1927 would repeal the requirement for legal gun owners to get a permit to carry a handgun. It would keep the LTC as an option for reciprocity.

If the committee votes to move HB 1927 forward, the next step would be to pass it on the Senate floor.

We need you to support Constitutional Carry in Austin today

Please join us at the Capitol in Austin if at all possible! It is critical to show strong support. We’ll be arriving at 8:00 a.m., but we expect the hearing to continue for hours. You can still show up anytime during the day.

CLICK HERE for information on how to show up, where to park, where to find us, and how to testify.

If you cannot attend, you can still help!

Watch the livestream from home and give shout-outs on social media to those who are standing up for your rights. (The link for the Constitutional Issues committee will be available from 9 am until the hearing is over.)

Donate a little extra to support our GOA Texas work so we can keep the momentum going.

Be sure your Senator has committed to support Constitutional Carry. We are thankful for the public commitment of Senators Bob Hall (SD1), Bryan Hughes (SD2), Brandon Creighton (SD4), Charles Schwertner (SD5), Angela Paxton (SD8), Kelly Hancock (SD9), Lois Kolkhorst (SD18), Brian Birdwell (SD22), Dawn Buckingham (SD24), Donna Campbell (SD25), Charles Perry (SD28), and Drew Springer (SD30).
    Note that you cannot submit comments online for a Senate hearing.

2A Hero Senator Bob Hall Passes 2A Sanctuary Bill
    We are thrilled that the Senate has also taken action this week to pass Senator Bob Hall’s Second Amendment Sanctuary bill, SB 513. Senator Hall has been a staunch advocate for your rights for many years and is a strong friend of Gun Owners of America.

Senator Hall filed the strongest 2A Sanctuary bill in the Senate. His is the only bill that provides an individual criminal penalty for state and local officers who partner with the Federal government to enforce new gun-grab laws that Texas law doesn’t agree with. Although an amendment was added that omits the criminal penalty for some officers, this bill remains strong.

The primary purpose of the bill is to remove state funding from governmental entities that help the Federal government enforce future federal gun-grab laws that are not in Texas law. That provision is entirely intact.

SB 513 will now go to the House, where Rep. Steve Toth filed an identical companion bill and is ready to champion the passage of SB 513. In an interesting twist, the House scheduled their version of 2A Sanctuary (HB 2622 by Holland) for a floor vote today. However, HB 2622 has a significant exception clause. See our handout for details.

While any 2A Sanctuary bill would provide a strong "Come and Take It” pro-gun sentiment, we are especially thankful that the Senate has passed such a strong bill as SB 513 by Rep. Toth.

Stay tuned for more updates!

As we approach the final month of the Texas legislative session, we want to be sure you are receiving all of our updates and action alerts so we can pass as much priority legislation as possible.

Please join our text alert list for urgent updates: text your zip code to 833-922-1212.

In Liberty,

Rachel Malone
    GOA Texas Director

Felisha Bull
    GOA Texas Deputy Director
    Got the same thing, maybe they forgot to set their clocks ahead for daylight savings time and are running slow.
    Hurley's Gold

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Well, your thread title is at least as far off as you claim the broad brush approach is.

While I’m not happy with it, it does not “enforce all federal gun laws”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct, it continues to allow state officers working on a federal task force, holding a Federal PO spot, to enforce various gun laws. Most of those are additional charges on the back end after an arrest most of which are "possession in the commission of" enhancements, but not all.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Why is the GOA sending me this email praising the Texas Senate's 2A Sanctuary Bill with no mention of the poison amendment that reverses the Bills Intent?

Gun Owners of America
    Texas Senate Takes Action on Constitutional Carry & 2A Sanctuary Bills
    Hey xxxx

Today is the big day: For the first time ever in Texas history, a Senate committee will hear public testimony on Constitutional Carry! CLICK HERE for important information if you are attending the hearing.

The Senate Special Committee on Constitutional Issues convenes at 9:00 a.m. to hear only one bill: HB 1927. After laying out the bill, they will hear testimony from Texans who have traveled to Austin from all across the state. Each person who wishes to testify for, on, or against the bill can speak for 2 minutes. The hearing will last as long as there are people who wish to testify.

This is Texans’ invitation to show up and tell Texas Senate members in person why Constitutional Carry, HB 1927, is necessary for the safety and security of Texas. HB 1927 would repeal the requirement for legal gun owners to get a permit to carry a handgun. It would keep the LTC as an option for reciprocity.

If the committee votes to move HB 1927 forward, the next step would be to pass it on the Senate floor.

We need you to support Constitutional Carry in Austin today

Please join us at the Capitol in Austin if at all possible! It is critical to show strong support. We’ll be arriving at 8:00 a.m., but we expect the hearing to continue for hours. You can still show up anytime during the day.

CLICK HERE for information on how to show up, where to park, where to find us, and how to testify.

If you cannot attend, you can still help!

Watch the livestream from home and give shout-outs on social media to those who are standing up for your rights. (The link for the Constitutional Issues committee will be available from 9 am until the hearing is over.)

Donate a little extra to support our GOA Texas work so we can keep the momentum going.

Be sure your Senator has committed to support Constitutional Carry. We are thankful for the public commitment of Senators Bob Hall (SD1), Bryan Hughes (SD2), Brandon Creighton (SD4), Charles Schwertner (SD5), Angela Paxton (SD8), Kelly Hancock (SD9), Lois Kolkhorst (SD18), Brian Birdwell (SD22), Dawn Buckingham (SD24), Donna Campbell (SD25), Charles Perry (SD28), and Drew Springer (SD30).
    Note that you cannot submit comments online for a Senate hearing.

2A Hero Senator Bob Hall Passes 2A Sanctuary Bill
    We are thrilled that the Senate has also taken action this week to pass Senator Bob Hall’s Second Amendment Sanctuary bill, SB 513. Senator Hall has been a staunch advocate for your rights for many years and is a strong friend of Gun Owners of America.

Senator Hall filed the strongest 2A Sanctuary bill in the Senate. His is the only bill that provides an individual criminal penalty for state and local officers who partner with the Federal government to enforce new gun-grab laws that Texas law doesn’t agree with. Although an amendment was added that omits the criminal penalty for some officers, this bill remains strong.

The primary purpose of the bill is to remove state funding from governmental entities that help the Federal government enforce future federal gun-grab laws that are not in Texas law. That provision is entirely intact.

SB 513 will now go to the House, where Rep. Steve Toth filed an identical companion bill and is ready to champion the passage of SB 513. In an interesting twist, the House scheduled their version of 2A Sanctuary (HB 2622 by Holland) for a floor vote today. However, HB 2622 has a significant exception clause. See our handout for details.

While any 2A Sanctuary bill would provide a strong "Come and Take It” pro-gun sentiment, we are especially thankful that the Senate has passed such a strong bill as SB 513 by Rep. Toth.

Stay tuned for more updates!

As we approach the final month of the Texas legislative session, we want to be sure you are receiving all of our updates and action alerts so we can pass as much priority legislation as possible.

Please join our text alert list for urgent updates: text your zip code to 833-922-1212.

In Liberty,

Rachel Malone
    GOA Texas Director

Felisha Bull
    GOA Texas Deputy Director
    I'm really, really disappointed at Rachel for sending that. Sigh.

equin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    I just read the text of the bill. If I’m understanding it correctly, the exception to the ban on enforcement of post 2021 federal gun control laws applies if the state/local enforcement officer is a member of a federal or joint task force. Otherwise, the ban on enforcement remains.

But the article discussing the recent amendment says federal law enforcement routinely relies on state/local cooperation to enforce federal laws. Sounds like the bill, if passed as amended, provides a loophole by creating a joint task force when requesting the state’s cooperation.

I also read the House has a similar bill but without the recent April 27 amendment. Assuming it passes the Senate as amended, it still has to pass the House and then the Governor still needs to sign it.

Lastly, I’m wondering if the Senate amendment was a compromise to the law enforcement lobby as a means to get the permitless bill out of committee.

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    if passed as amended, provides a loophole by creating a joint task force when requesting the state’s cooperation.
    Bingo. I've reached out and called around to give my input on the amendment in question, and I hope it doesn't get passed, so we can scrap the bill, as Sen Bob Hall ruined it by introducing that amendment, and we can go along with the Toth bill, and hopefully stay clear of holes that loop and pass a real second amendment sanctuary bill.

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    GOA has responded to concerns about the "neutered" of SB513 from amendment.

GOA says:

• Some of you seem to be alarmed and think that the amendment to SB 513 neutered the bill. It certainly did not.
    • While the amendment removes the criminal penalty for some individuals, it still has three enforcement mechanisms, and SB 513 is actually still stronger than HB 2622.
    • It’s important to note that most of the 2A Sanctuary filed bills (including the HB 2622 passed by the House) had no individual criminal penalty. Instead, they remove funding.
    • For a full explanation of these bills – what they do, what they won’t do, and what the amendments mean visit here:

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    HA! Wooooowwwwww...

I got on TGT to see what was up with my fellow Texans and my beloved Texas, only to be informed that while I was away, Texas stuck it's blue dick so far up my ass that when I sit down, I have no choice but to sit my heterosexual all on a pair of balls.

****'n disgusted. I can't tell you how ****'n stupid and petty I feel while I'm writing letters to these dipshits who don't care anyway, but I write and call and write again and give money to GOA and call again...

We all know what happens if we lose faith in that form of activism... What must come next, to ensure our freedom. So I'll keep calling, writing, and giving what I can. Regardless, stay ready fellas. Never know when that bottom card gets pulled.

God bless.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I have said it repeatedly, either Texas breaks away and back to The Republic or we suffer the same fate as the rest of the corrupt banana republic. We haven’t hit rock bottom yet, not even close. The stage is being set however. Unfortunately, many just want to be told what do as they are too lazy to do or think for themselves. As long as their masters throw them crumbs they will go along to get along; they will go so far as to hop on the train gleefully all the way to the gas chambers and mass graves if told to do so. History always repeats itself.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    GOA has responded to concerns about the "neutered" of SB513 from amendment.

GOA says:

• Some of you seem to be alarmed and think that the amendment to SB 513 neutered the bill. It certainly did not.
    • While the amendment removes the criminal penalty for some individuals, it still has three enforcement mechanisms, and SB 513 is actually still stronger than HB 2622.
    • It’s important to note that most of the 2A Sanctuary filed bills (including the HB 2622 passed by the House) had no individual criminal penalty. Instead, they remove funding.
    • For a full explanation of these bills – what they do, what they won’t do, and what the amendments mean visit here:
    Right. Most of 2A sanctuary bills are empty virtue signalling, including this one.

Semi71682

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2015
    The law enforcement community took an oath to defend the constitution. Not to support an unconstitutional law. As a LE officer for 38 years, I can honestly say I have yet to speak with one officer willing to break his oath.

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    SB 513, Relating to the enforcement of certain federal laws regulating firearms, firearm accessories, and firearm ammunition within the State of Texas; creating a criminal offense. The motion prevailed by the following vote:Yeas 18, Nays 13. Yeas:Bettencourt, Birdwell, Buckingham, Campbell, Creighton, Hall, Hancock, Huffman, Hughes, Kolkhorst, Nelson, Nichols, Paxton, Perry, Schwertner, Seliger, Springer, Taylor. Nays:Alvarado, Blanco, Eckhardt, Gutierrez, Hinojosa, Johnson, Lucio, Menendez, Miles, Powell, West, Whitmire, Zaffirini. The bill was read third time and was passed by the following vote:Yeas 18, Nays 13. (Same as previous roll call)
    Don't know if they really understood the amendment? CLEET is actually a Ca formed LOBBY group. Not sure why anyone would support them, other than PD chiefs who come from there.

Top Bottom