• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I just placed two identical orders for ammo. Ordered 4 boxes of American Eagle 9mm from SGammo and 4 boxes of the same from Target Sports USA.

Total cost from SGammo
    4 boxes American Eagle 9mm = 39.80
    Sales Tax = 3.39
    Shipping with insurance = 12.40
    Total = 55.59

Total cost from Target Sports USA
    4 boxes American Eagle 9mm = 37.96
    Sales Tax = 00.00
    Shipping with insurance = 12.08
    Total = 50.04

Just saying, no tax at Target Sports USA

Yep, not showing tax for me either. Strange, as I swear it was charging tax a week or so ago.
    Military Camp

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I just placed two identical orders for ammo. Ordered 4 boxes of American Eagle 9mm from SGammo and 4 boxes of the same from Target Sports USA.

Total cost from SGammo
    4 boxes American Eagle 9mm = 39.80
    Sales Tax = 3.39
    Shipping with insurance = 12.40
    Total = 55.59

Total cost from Target Sports USA
    4 boxes American Eagle 9mm = 37.96
    Sales Tax = 00.00
    Shipping with insurance = 12.08
    Total = 50.04

Just saying, no tax at Target Sports USA

So strange......I posted here back in July that I noticed Target Sports was charging sales tax on an order I was putting together. I held off and emailed them and the next day got a response from them that yes, they were now charging sales tax on TX orders.

And now they're not? This whole thing is so odd. Guess we have to look at each order and be sure as some do, some don't, and some sometimes do.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I placed another order from Target Sports USA 4 days ago. Once again, no tax.

I just went there too and no tax!! So strange that they were back in the summer and not now. Tell you what, if that stays the case, it's a damn good case for me signing up for their Prime Ammo membership that we've discussed here before. No tax, no shipping on any order no matter how small, and 8% off their prices which are already at least decent.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Target Sports beat my identical SGammo order by 5 bucks, but SGammo got it to me 3 days faster.

Yeah makes sense coming from Stillwater. But I don't worry as much about shipping time since I'm usually just replenishing/adding to stock and not needing it in a hurry anyway.

I love both of them, but really going to consider that Target Sports prime deal though.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I love both of them, but really going to consider that Target Sports prime deal though.
    I have thought about it too, but it probably wouldn't be worth it for me. The average savings is about 8%. That means I would have to buy $1200 worth of ammo a year to offset the $95 membership fee before I actually start saving anything. Free shipping is included, but if you buy ammo by the case, shipping is free anyway without the membership.

If they aren't charging tax, that is another 6.5% or so savings over other stores, but keep in mind, they could and probably will start charging tax at some point.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I placed another order from Target Sports USA 4 days ago. Once again, no tax.
    They probably don't meet the $500k revenue from Texas that requires them to charge tax. Keep ordering from them and they will :p

I wonder if a retailer that goes above the $500k and implements the tax would then remove it if they went below $500k again, or if it would be easier for them to just keep charging the tax.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I wonder if a retailer that goes above the $500k and implements the tax would then remove it if they went below $500k again, or if it would be easier for them to just keep charging the tax.
    Hmm, what if they fall below the 500k threshold, continue charging the tax, and just keep it? What's to keep them from doing that?

Top Bottom