• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The wife and I are planning to go this fall. It's been a few years since the last time we were able to go. I lost count on the number of times I have attended the TRF, but the wife had never gone until I took her some years ago.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I got a gown on sale the last day of the festival. See pics. Enjoyed finding a jewelry set online to match during last Christmas. Sewed the skirt hikes myself.

We missed an important to us vacation during April 2020, Sherwood festival.

Had fun this weekend going out the the Brazoria Wildlife Refuge to take some photos of the new garb I’ll wear this year. I was hoping hubby would play too but he has to get his ensemble organized and pressed.

photos are hard because I often squint. A few turned out good.

we had fun and it was nice to get out together and do something.

sorry I failed at photo inserts and had dupes.
    Would it be wrong of me to say you make an awesome beer wench?

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Sounds like a fun shindig. I haven't been to a renfest in literally 20 years - the last one I went to was in Kansas City in 2000, a very good friend of mine got married there. End of August. One of the hottest days of the year. She looked amazing in her period correct gown. Her poor, scrawny husband to be dressed up as a knight, in a suit of plate armor. She damn near got widowed on her wedding day cuz dude got married in an ancient EZ bake oven :fireworks:He couldn't wait to get out of that armor after the "I do"s were said.

We attended the festival just for funsies a few days before. I thought it was rather hilarious that they had "NO WEAPONS" signs at every entrance. Half the guys in there were carrying real swords in scabbards. There were shops selling metal weapons. I bought a "Star Blade" - a frickin Klingon Bat'leth without the sharpened cutting edge, and instead of leather, the handle was wrapped in rope. I still have the thing. I walked around for the better part of an hour with it across my shoulder before a KCPD cop came up and "suggested" I take my weapon out to the car.

One of the dudes in the wedding party not only had a real, sharpened sword in his scabbard "chained" in place so it wouldn't be drawn easily and thus the security screeners DGAF, but he had a concealed knife in each boot along with, IIRC, another blade tucked into his waistband. There's so much metal on a lot of costumes that unless you were going thru a TSA style body scanner, they couldn't really check everyone thoroughly.

Might have to take my wifey to this festival next year.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have retired from it. I'll miss the money but not the 18 hour days. People around the company I worked for have bets I'll be back.

If it even happens this year it will be strange with social distancing. The guy I worked for was telling me what his plan for the company is. I can hear the bitching now & I won't be anywhere near the place.

In the 22 years I worked there Middlelands was about the best 3 days I ever spent there. The music sucked but the young chicks made up for it. A nicer crowd people too! Not only did they pick up their trash they picked up trash.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I'd say that with a smile. Her husband is BIG.
    And he's scared of her........

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    That's why I asked the question instead of jumping out there with the cat calls. Also, I suspect she might be armed most of the time.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I can honestly say, going to the TRF has been of great enjoyment to the wife and I. She had never been to anything like it before I took her some years ago. She really enjoys browsing the shops and watching the live shows. I created a monster!

The first time I attended was in 1978 in high school, and we were studying Shakespeare and we took a Saturday field trip to TRF. Our literature teacher Mr. Talley was a really great teacher! When we got back to class next week, we all had a much different viewpoint and appreciation of Shakespeare.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I can honestly say, going to the TRF has been of great enjoyment to the wife and I. She had never been to anything like it before I took her some years ago. She really enjoys browsing the shops and watching the live shows. I created a monster!

The first time I attended was in 1978 in high school, and we were studying Shakespeare and we took a Saturday field trip to TRF. Our literature teacher Mr. Talley was a really great teacher! When we got back to class next week, we all had a much different viewpoint and appreciation of Shakespeare.
    The long time Shakeseare Duncan Inches was one liberal dude. He was a SAG union member & told the story of being cast as the back of Jack Nickleson's head in the movie The Departed. He went on & on about Leonardo DiCaprio on what a great guy he was & how good the catered food was on set.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0408456/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That's why I asked the question instead of jumping out there with the cat calls. Also, I suspect she might be armed most of the time.
    I know.
    This made me smile, thanks. He’s a good guy, and he definitely has a bark that’s worse than his bite (loud).
    Good. He is a good guy.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016

Does she have a favorite show? Ours is Sound & Fury.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I got a gown on sale the last day of the festival. See pics. Enjoyed finding a jewelry set online to match during last Christmas. Sewed the skirt hikes myself.

Seeing your photos brought back memories of days of yore, Celtic Stone, Cantiga, and The New World Renaissance Band.

RIP - Malcolm Smith, Bob Bielefeld and Owain Phyfe, members at various times of all three above ... hard to believe they've now passed on.

Top Bottom