• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    Is Tx based sellers of Suppressors over charging Tx residents for suppressors bc the new law by our Tx guv’mnt regarding buy and use in Tx….? Seems that way. I could do out of state buy, including tax stamp for cheaper than a Tx buy…. Any thoughts?
    Venture Surplus ad

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I wonder if he's got a Gen 4 Glock 9mm for trade in 9 more posts?
    default_tiphat.gif

LAWJIC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2021
    Waco, Tx
    Wow… slow down Hoji…
    I’m just saying I can’t find in expensive sup’s in Texas yet…. But in MO state for instance I can.
    The law in Tx, Havok1, is that you can buy and sell sup’s with out fed guvmnt tax stamp if you buy it, use it in Tx and it doesn’t leave the state. But like Sasquatch said, sellers aren’t taking chances with the ATF until litigation is finalized.
    My original question is about pricing it’s expensive here in Texas..

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    Wow… slow down Hoji…
    I’m just saying I can’t find in expensive sup’s in Texas yet…. But in MO state for instance I can.
    The law in Tx, Havok1, is that you can buy and sell sup’s with out fed guvmnt tax stamp if you buy it, use it in Tx and it doesn’t leave the state. But like Sasquatch said, sellers aren’t taking chances with the ATF until litigation is finalized.
    I know what the law is, I’m asking what prices you’re currently seeing both in and out of Texas. I highly doubt you would be able to buy any of what I own for $200+ cheaper in another state.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    surely that cant be what he meant, i havent heard of anyone actually going down that path yet... way too risky to be the case study for a federal court case

No need - there's already pending legal action in the fed courts from Paxton's office. Someone here in Texas has already put the law to use, as actually intended. We just need to wait and see the outcome.

Squanchy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2022
    Houston, Tx
    No need - there's already pending legal action in the fed courts from Paxton's office. Someone here in Texas has already put the law to use, as actually intended. We just need to wait and see the outcome.
    oh nice i havent heard of this happening yet. i know at least one other state tested this federally ( i believe kentucky) that has a similar suppressor law but lost federally and the customer that took it through court did end up in prison. ill have to find that article

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    oh nice i havent heard of this happening yet. i know at least one other state tested this federally ( i believe kentucky) that has a similar suppressor law but lost federally and the customer that took it through court did end up in prison. ill have to find that article

The difference with Texas law is that it provides the mechanism to use the AG on your behalf *before* you commit a federal crime. I think we're the first that put that in there - other states just said "hey, suppressors made here are good to go, do what you want with that" whereas our law has it in there that a Texan can have the AG's office petitition for relief on their behalf from the federal courts, without actually having to have purchased or made their own suppressor first.

Kentucky, Kansas, Montana etc all just decriminalized suppressors.

Honestly - the approach to this whole mess should be pointing to drug laws. How many states have now legalized recreational drug use, while thoe drugs remain federally prohibited? DEA isn't out there conducting mass raids of dispensories or weed farms in those states.

The ATF's rage-boner against gun owners is the only difference.

Shit, the DEA isn't even sending in their storm troopers into Oregon or Cali where they decriminalized *hard drugs* - they're not slinging meth over the counter there yet, but its not far off if the libs remain in power.

Squanchy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2022
    Houston, Tx
    The difference with Texas law is that it provides the mechanism to use the AG on your behalf *before* you commit a federal crime. I think we're the first that put that in there - other states just said "hey, suppressors made here are good to go, do what you want with that" whereas our law has it in there that a Texan can have the AG's office petitition for relief on their behalf from the federal courts, without actually having to have purchased or made their own suppressor first.

Kentucky, Kansas, Montana etc all just decriminalized suppressors.

Honestly - the approach to this whole mess should be pointing to drug laws. How many states have now legalized recreational drug use, while thoe drugs remain federally prohibited? DEA isn't out there conducting mass raids of dispensories or weed farms in those states.

The ATF's rage-boner against gun owners is the only difference.

Shit, the DEA isn't even sending in their storm troopers into Oregon or Cali where they decriminalized *hard drugs* - they're not slinging meth over the counter there yet, but its not far off if the libs remain in power.
    ya i like that approach, honestly i take a far more libertarian view of drugs and firearms, it should all be decriminalized and allow the free market to dictate QAQC of drugs and firearms alike lol

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    Wow… slow down Hoji…
    No suppressor manufacturer wants to be the test case on that law.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

email Andi Turner for more answers to your questions on the suppressor law.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom