Set up begins at 8:00

Registration at 9:00
    Shooters meeting 9:30
    Hammer down at 10:00

Round count estimates

Rifle 100
    Pistol 75
    Birdshot 40

Bring extra of everything. Also, bring 5-10 slugs just in case. (not sure if they will be needed yet, but better to have them)

New shooters and spectators welcome (please bring eye and ear pro for everyone at the range)

Look forward to seeing you!
    Hurley's Gold

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you're not sure 3 gun is for you and don't have a shotgun, bring shotgun ammo (#7 1/2 or #8 target loads) and you can share mine. Just track me down before the match, ask to be in my squad, etc.

B_Ayers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Bryan Texas
    The matches @ BOTW are fun and very challenging. The 500yd long range will challenge your skill set, especially if there is any kind of wind. Nice range and great group of guys to shoot with.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Holy crap, more than 80 people showed up! That was an insanely long match.

Got to work my shotgun a bit more this time, which is good because it's my weakest side.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If anybody needs a link to scores, let me know and I'll post it.

No idea what's up with the scores. Seems like there should be a lot of the same score for stage 4, but that isn't the case. I do know they scored this match differently, but have no idea how it worked.

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    Mike - Not sure what you mean about Stage 4. Penalty for a steel miss is +10 seconds. If the target is 250 yds or farther, then the penalty is +20 secs. The scoresheets normally have a separate box to tally +20, but due to the number of shooters, we ran out of those score sheets, so I suspect some of the far misses were only scored +10 because the scoresheet did not have the reminding box.

As for the different scoring, straight time means a 5 second speed stage will have less match value than a 50 second, multi-gun, run-down-the-bay, reload-the-shotgun stage. Stage points even up the relative value of all the stages. You can do badly one one stage, and your time (including penalties for misses and FTE) exceeds the time for all other stages combined. So, if your gun jams up, you lose just one stage. The Surefire TXMG in April, will use stage points, as did the TXMG Larue matches previously, as do all the big matches.

Stage points takes the shooter with the lowest time on a stage(including penalties) and assigns a point total (say, 100 points). Everybody else gets proportionately smaller points based on a fraction of their time to the stage winner. Most points for all stages wins the match.

Lee

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What I mean is most of the scores I saw on Stage 4 were the same. Hits on all except the 500 yard targets (except the lucky ones who had the wind settle for them).

Lmccrock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Red Rock. TX
    yeah, a bunch of us got all the easy targets then timed out at 500, so those scores would look alike. Looks I need to check my zero, since I previously could hit the 300-ish targets reliably but not so on Saturday.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    yeah, a bunch of us got all the easy targets then timed out at 500, so those scores would look alike. Looks I need to check my zero, since I previously could hit the 300-ish targets reliably but not so on Saturday.

Ouch.

I switched to a 300 yard zero. Made those easy. But the wind wouldn't settle for me to hit the 500s. If it would have just stayed the same speed for two seconds...

Top Bottom