Venture Surplus ad

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That boggles the mind. I have problems with the whole shopkeepers privilege thing but I was under the impression that it applied ONLY to suspected shoplifting.

Under what theory did these security guards think they had the authority to ask someone to leave and then hold them, then preventing them from leaving? (Sheesh, even that question doesn't make sense...)

I'm an armed security guard. If their training was anything like mine, then it should have been pounded into their heads that they can't actually detain someone without a VERY good reason. Basically, unless they commit a serious felony right in front of you and you feel that performing a citizen's arrest is absolutely necessary, you let them leave.

Now, they did teach that you could basically stall them if you wanted to try and keep them there until the police arrive, but at no point can you physically stop them from leaving, or really even tell them that they cannot leave. You don't have to tell them they are free to go, and can let them think that they are being detained though.

Anything more than that, and you become a massive liability and could possibly be charged with a crime depending on the circumstances.

I don't get that mentality in some guards either. Many use the job as a stepping stone to become LEOs, so that might have something to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dylan40cal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2021
    Texas
    Report from GOA, HB1927 needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Unfortunately, the Senate, led by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, created some major problems.

Whenever the Senate adds any amendments to a bill already passed by the House, that bill has to go back to the House. The House can concur with the amendments and send the bill to the Governor’s desk. Or it can call for a conference committee to work out the differences, then send the final version back to the House and Senate for another full vote.

However, the Senate created a worse problem.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick was told ahead of time that at least one of the Senate amendments if adopted, would violate House rules. This would allow the anti-gunners to kill Constitutional Carry in the House on a technical violation — before the House could even decide to concur or go to a conference committee.

Despite knowing this, the Lt. Governor still pushed through his packet of amendments and refused to listen to multiple warnings.

The Senate can still fix this problem — but only if it acts quickly.

GOA LINK HERE: https://texas.gunowners.org/tell-the-senate-to-fix-the-constitutional-carry-bill-now/

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    In a way, this bill has become the basis of my litmus test for the next election. If any candidate has voted for or supported Patrick or Phelan to hold their respective positions, that candidate will not get my vote.....

....so far, I may have some free time next November.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Report from GOA, HB1927 needs to be fixed ASAP!!!

Unfortunately, the Senate, led by Lt. Governor Dan Patrick, created some major problems.

Whenever the Senate adds any amendments to a bill already passed by the House, that bill has to go back to the House. The House can concur with the amendments and send the bill to the Governor’s desk. Or it can call for a conference committee to work out the differences, then send the final version back to the House and Senate for another full vote.

However, the Senate created a worse problem.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick was told ahead of time that at least one of the Senate amendments if adopted, would violate House rules. This would allow the anti-gunners to kill Constitutional Carry in the House on a technical violation — before the House could even decide to concur or go to a conference committee.

Despite knowing this, the Lt. Governor still pushed through his packet of amendments and refused to listen to multiple warnings.

The Senate can still fix this problem — but only if it acts quickly.

GOA LINK HERE: https://texas.gunowners.org/tell-the-senate-to-fix-the-constitutional-carry-bill-now/

I emailed them, let's hope it does some good.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Reactions: MTA

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Nobody seems able to name the amendment that contains the poison pill. Why can't we know what were fighting?
    Does the House offer the same sort of streaming video so we can watch ball-less Repurbs not fight for the Constitution?

Cob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2021
    Midland texas
    The senate new it when they voted for it. If they really wanted the bill to pass they could have done something about it then . however there enough rinos in the senate for the dims to get what they ultimately want. Unless some of republicans get over there cornyan romney syndrome

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I guess the "bad amendment" is to be kept a secret but we are urged to contact Patrick and our local senator and tell them to fix the "bad amendment" of which we don't know what is wrong with it or which one. Is the the best GOA can do is make us look like idiots trying to fix an unknown problem?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I would like to see the Cliff's Notes version of the amendments. I read all of them and it was dry as a popcorn fart.

Which one is the killer? Folks talking about it on here and since none have named it I guess it's an internet truth, if such a thing exists.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I would like to see the Cliff's Notes version of the amendments. I read all of them and it was dry as a popcorn fart.

Which one is the killer? Folks talking about it on here and since none have named it I guess it's an internet truth, if such a thing exists.
    Just talked to Senator Bettencourt's office and if they know they aren't saying. I believe the staff at least have no clue about the "sky is falling" amendment or who is spreading the story.

Top Bottom