DK Firearms

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Watching the Senate in action without a doubt confirms my beliefs that most members have not read a damn thing before they vote on it.
    Their very few question are a bit simple minded and basic

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    5PM still discussing senate bills. What do you expect from lawyers, school system and real estate people? Gotta stand up and say something cause you're on TV. Wait till middle of the night to work on real stuff. Most bills so far are to clarify and straighten up stuff from past sessions.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I just received an email from Rachel Malone of the GOA saying that HB1927 Senate Hearing was a Success!

ETA:
    It looks like all of the calls and emails did some good. But we should not let up now, there are still some Republican Senators that have not publicly committed to voting in favor of it.

There was other good news in the email but that should have a thread of it's own.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I just received an email from Rachel Malone of the GOA saying that HB1927 Senate Hearing was a Success!

ETA:
    It looks like all of the calls and emails did some good. But we should not let up now, there are still some Republican Senators that have not publicly committed to voting in favor of it.

There was other good news in the email but that should have a thread of it's own.
    That email concerned the committee hearing.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Hb1927 will be heard Wednesday.... it will be the last bill the senate hears before adjourning for the day. The bill that will be heard right before that, is HB1407 which is about car carry.
    That's what they said Monday and Tuesday. I don;t think it's as important to them as Texans. You can be born here and be anti freedom. I'm done with Dan Patrick either way

Mr. Atoz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Some senators have still failed to publicly support Constitutional Carry – including these Republicans: Senators Nelson, Nichols, Bettencourt, Taylor, Huffman, Seliger.https://gunownersofamerica.cmail20.com/t/i-l-mkihlx-jutldrttq-k/

Politicians do this all of the time. They wait to see what is going to happen with a bill. If the bill looks like it is going to pass they will jump on and brag about how (in this case) they support the 2nd. Let's see how many of these fine folks jump in at the last minute so they can brag.

Top Bottom