Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

roadrunner

TGT Addict
Jan 30, 2018
Here
I just received an email from Rachel Malone of the GOA saying that HB1927 Senate Hearing was a Success!

ETA:
It looks like all of the calls and emails did some good. But we should not let up now, there are still some Republican Senators that have not publicly committed to voting in favor of it.

There was other good news in the email but that should have a thread of it's own.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
Feb 1, 2009
I just received an email from Rachel Malone of the GOA saying that HB1927 Senate Hearing was a Success!

ETA:
It looks like all of the calls and emails did some good. But we should not let up now, there are still some Republican Senators that have not publicly committed to voting in favor of it.

There was other good news in the email but that should have a thread of it's own.
That email concerned the committee hearing.

BuzzinSATX

Dec 20, 2013
New Braunfels
Hello, thanks for the question. I don't believe anyone is saying you CAN'T carry a weapon, open or concealed. All Texas is saying is that you need to demonstrate you are proficient in the use of a firearm, know Texas carry laws and that you are not a criminal (Background Check). I will go one further. If you do have a carry license, then I believe you should be allowed to carry everyplace in Texas, schools, sporting events etc. So, yes, I am pro 2nd amendment.

A right not to be infringed compared to a privilege. The Airforce must have lowered their
Standards.

I deleted my original post. Regulars will know what I probably said about self pleasing yourself.

I would say welcome but you're not. IMHO.

Kick rocks
I retired from active duty USAF as well...did 28 years. We aren’t all like this guy...

Military service does not in itself make someone a “gun expert” or a constitutional scholar. Obviously, some military occupations are extremely weapons centric, but the vast majority are not. And with regards to understanding the Constitution and specifically the BoR and 2A, we take oaths to support these but not much training in civics.

And after spending many years on military bases and still working on one today, I can tell you the vast majority are extremely gun unfriendly, and almost completely “gun free zones”. It’s a felony to be caught carrying a firearm unless under very specific circumstances. Even when you buy a firearm at my local base exchange, they make you sign a statement saying you will proceed immediately from the store to the base gate and leave the property. Cant simply lock it in the trunk. If I buy a gun on base at my lunch hour, I have to go back after work to pick it up on my way off base. It’s been this way since post 9-11.

To use “I’m an AF officer” as a qualifier or either is a weak argument at best.

Training is a very good thing if done properly. But training wasn’t a condition for the RKBA as envisioned by Madison or Hamilton.

Just sayin...

—edited for clarification and to reduce my insulting tone...

Last edited:

Axxe55

Just me and the dog.
Dec 15, 2019
In the Deep East Texas Pineywoods!
I retired from active duty USAF as well...did 28 years. We aren’t all dumbasses like this guy...

Just sayin...
Funny thing is, he would never explain what made a person proficient to be qualified to carry a gun. I think he was making an assumption that just because a person passed the test for a LTC permit, that they were proficient. Hmmm......

Sasquatch

Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
Funny thing is, he would never explain what made a person proficient to be qualified to carry a gun. I think he was making an assumption that just because a person passed the test for a LTC permit, that they were proficient. Hmmm......
"Rights" don't require tests, documentation, or little permission slips from the King. We're so conditioned to accept these things that its hard for a lot of people to imagine *NOT* requiring a permission slip, or giving the kind his dues in order to exercise a "right"

I think my high school class was the last one in the district I grew up in to have civics, I know we were the last ones offered personal finance as an elective. Continued dumbing down of kids, continued purposeful conditioning has helped lead us astray from where our founders envisioned we would be.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics

Threads