Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Senate currently lacks the votes to pass permitless carry

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
That is truly good news. If they keep that up in a clear and visible manner they might earn some dollars and support from me and I suspect quite a few others.
I WILL state unequivocally that Tara (TSRA NRA Lobbyist) has been busting her ass in Austin. You wanna get Wayne, elect ANYONE but incumbent NRA board members - that's the only real way.

Sorry, folks - long day...Tara is the NRA lobbyist, and she's been working hard for gun owners in this session, including helping the new TSRA lobbyist Andi hit the ground running!!

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
TGT Supporter
Mar 30, 2009
Guadalupe Co.
I've been using their system for quite some time. Do you REALLY think that makes me a bigger target than testifying at the state capitol, having a Palmetto State Armory sticker on my pickup, going to a gun range, or discussing my 2A rights on a forum? For a bunch of gun owners allegedly capable of self-defense, you're a special kind of paranoid of a bunch of emotional moms and an automated calling system intended to direct calls where THEY are trying to apply pressure.
Part of the whole point is if 5000 gun owners started using their system and running up their bills a bit, it might force them to work harder and simultaneously reconsider their automated system which is making it very easy and effective for their members to make a ton of calls in a hurry, while you sit and look all the numbers up. I betcha each of those moms is making 10x the calls each member here is making.
I'm not sure why you quoted me.

I never said anything about using the number would make you or anyone a "bigger target" in any way. I simply stated there is technology/services out there that would mask any PII in response to lightflyer stating that one may be giving such detail away by using their actual info while using the number you provided.

I completely understood your point about using the number against the Mom's intended purpose and stated nothing in the way of being for or against using it as you described.

Last edited:

45tex

TGT Addict
Feb 1, 2009
I tell the NRA every time they call. As long as Pepe LaPue is in charge my wallet is closed to them.

And I do blame Abbott for his lack of ANY sort of support for CC. If this is helpgul to his democrap rivals, so be it. I'm so tired of voting for the lessor of evil self serving people. I want it all in one package.

Texasgrillchef

Jul 27, 2018
Lewisville
I call BS to thread title.

I personally called the offices of all 18 Texas Republican Senators. All but 3 are fully supporting HB1927.

Three republican Senators are on the fence. None of these three have voiced any opposition to HB1927.

All we need is ONE of those three to commit and we will get the votes we need.

So call these three Senators.

Sen Paul Bettencourt. 512-463-0107

Sen Joan Huffman. 512-463-0117

Sen Ken Seliger. 512-463-0131

skfullgun

The original "Frito Bandito"!
TGT Supporter
Oct 14, 2017
In the woods...
I call BS to thread title.

I personally called the offices of all 18 Texas Republican Senators. All but 3 are fully supporting HB1927.

Three republican Senators are on the fence. None of these three have voiced any opposition to HB1927.

All we need is ONE of those three to commit and we will get the votes we need.

So call these three Senators.

Sen Paul Bettencourt. 512-463-0107

Sen Joan Huffman. 512-463-0117

Sen Ken Seliger. 512-463-0131
Thanks for posting the contact info. I've made phone calls and urge you all to do the same.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics