• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have a buddy who has some insight into the program. This is what he told me about it...

The law firm is three attorneys in Houston. Basically, for $10.95/month an individual becomes a "client" of the firm and has access to legal representation all the way through trial, if needed, with no additional legal fees. They cover clients anywhere in Texas, and anyone with a CHL or a firearm at home can become a client of the firm.

They are relatively new to the gun show in SA, I think they started showing up about 4-5 months ago.

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Sounds like "lawyer insurance". There are similar plans elsewhere but they are usually specific to a particular group of people. I have heard that EMT's have a plan that they can join and pay a monthly fee. If they ever get sued by someone they work on, they have legal coverage.
    Cops can join TMPA (Texas Municipal Police Association) or CLEAT (Combined Law Enforcement Association of Texas) and for a monthly fee, they too have legal coverage if they are ever sued or if they need a lawyer for employment related issues.
    I would try to talk to someone who has used them and get a feel for how willing they are to actually work when needed. If they do what they say, it may be a good deal for you.

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    I personally think pre-paid legal services is a poor choice. Its not insurance. If you get into trouble, I would not suggest going cheap on your attorney. I have not heard good things about any kind of prepaid legal.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I personally think pre-paid legal services is a poor choice. Its not insurance. If you get into trouble, I would not suggest going cheap on your attorney. I have not heard good things about any kind of prepaid legal.

I'm wondering why you would say "Prepaid Legal Services" (PPL) is "going cheap"? PPL's Texas Law firm is Ross & Matthews, where the average attorney is 55 years old with 30 years of experience. PPL pays these guys over a million dollars a month. Does your $30 co-pay mean you're going cheap on your health care?

I've heard both good and bad, just as I've heard LOTS of bad about my medical insurance carrier. I've used them several times and my experience has been positive.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I'm wondering why you would say "Prepaid Legal Services" (PPL) is "going cheap"? PPL's Texas Law firm is Ross & Matthews, where the average attorney is 55 years old with 30 years of experience. PPL pays these guys over a million dollars a month. Does your $30 co-pay mean you're going cheap on your health care?

I've heard both good and bad, just as I've heard LOTS of bad about my medical insurance carrier. I've used them several times and my experience has been positive.
    '+1 ' is all i can say.
    since i'm an associate and sell the service.

Lastshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Texas
    Ohhh, I am not wanting to step on anyones toes here... The poster just asked a question, I gave my opinion (and we all know what opions are worth!). I would be glad to debate in private with y'all , but not here. I am definately not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV. I personally have had NO experience with prepaid other than discussions with my Attys. and atty friends.

Top Bottom