• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    30.06 - Bans LTC holders from carrying concealed while on the premises. Does NOT apply to Constitutional Carriers (CC).

30.07 - Bans LTC holders from carrying openly while on the premises. Does NOT apply to Constitutional Carriers (CC).

I haven’t read the law…but this makes no sense?

If true I’d toss my LTC in the trash…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Actually, a sign which says "no guns" would be similar to the language, no?

If only needs to be "similar".
    No. legally, identical to or substantially similar, does have a level of language that must be met. The language has to be the same as or something along the lines of: You can not enter with a firearm. Gun is too generic, i.e. say a paint gun, t shirt gun, etc. I also think the language in the act rewuires reference to 30.05 as part of the notification. I would not want to be the test case in Travis County though.

JRH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    • Gunbuster and other random "no guns" signs - Bans CC from carrying openly or concealed while on the premises. Does NOT apply to LTC holders.
    I would say Gunbuster and other random "no guns" signs- Effectively warns that firearms are unwelcome and that verbal or written notice may be given if you enter carrying a firearm, so don't be surprised if you are told to leave. Applies to both licensed and unlicensed carry..

Jcsprankle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Houston, TX
    I do not think so unless something has changed and I missed it -

(1) on the premises of a business that has a permit or license issued under Chapter 25, 28, 32, 69, or 74, Alcoholic Beverage Code, if the business derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption, as determined by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission under Section 104.06, Alcoholic Beverage Code;

Perhaps I was a bit overzealous with that statement, but here's the language from the TX Law Shield document:

1624916735656.png

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I would say Gunbuster and other random "no guns" signs- Effectively warns that firearms are unwelcome and that verbal or written notice may be given if you enter carrying a firearm, so don't be surprised if you are told to leave. Applies to both licensed and unlicensed carry..
    According to Texas Law Shield gunbuster sign is effective notice to ban CC holder but not LTC holder.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I may be in the minority is thinking this, but I don't care if they draw a sign using Crayons, saying guns are not allowed on their premises. To me, their message is very clear. They do not want me to do business there. And I don't care if their reasons are politically, or emotionally motivated as to why they want to prohibit guns. I will take my business some where else.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    06/07 have banned LTC for ~25 years, nothing changed there.

To ban an LTC, you have to put up 05/06/07 compliant signs.

Right.

My point is, it was stated in the post I quoted that 30.06 does not apply to Constitutional Carry; it only applies to LTC.

If there are more restrictions to “I took a class” LTC holders compared to “I have a pulse” CC citizens, then what’s the point of having an LTC?

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Right.

My point is, it was stated in the post I quoted that 30.06 does not apply to Constitutional Carry; it only applies to LTC.

If there are more restrictions to “I took a class” LTC holders compared to “I have a pulse” CC citizens, then what’s the point of having an LTC?

There are other LTC advantages as you know. If they block me by 06/07 but not CC then I am carrying CC. If they block me by CC then I carry by LTC. If they block me by both I don’t go in.

Jcsprankle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Houston, TX
    There are restrictions in both directions. 30.06 and 30.07 restrict LTC holders, like they have for years. 30.05 and gunbuster signs restrict constitutional carriers. But, I still think it's worthwhile to have an LTC for a few reasons...not the least of which is easier gun buying.

Top Bottom