Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Texas Law Shield has many good guides on their member web site. This is a great one. With this law we have gone 2 steps forward and one back.

New
    long guns are now explicitly prohibited in 51% establishments, professional sporting events, correctional facilities, hospitals, nursing facilities, mental hospitals, amusement parks, civil commitment facilities, and open meetings of governmental entities

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    The new 46.03 sign seems troubling, if TS LawShield's interpretation is correct. The sign does not even need to be present for the premises to be off-limits. So the way I interpret it (maybe incorrectly) sound like usual entrapment. You walk into an establishment, have not been given any effective notice and can be arrested for wrongdoing. Am I reading it wrong?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The new 46.03 sign seems troubling, if TS LawShield's interpretation is correct. The sign does not even need to be present for the premises to be off-limits. So the way I interpret it (maybe incorrectly) sound like usual entrapment. You walk into an establishment, have not been given any effective notice and can be arrested for wrongdoing. Am I reading it wrong?

Though the 46.03 sign is new, most of the places covered by it were already off-limits under 46.035. HB1927 deleted 46.035 and moved all those places under 46.03.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

I thought those places were known to be off limits as far as guns were concerned.

ETA: Ninja'd.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom