toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
Texas Law Shield has many good guides on their member web site. This is a great one. With this law we have gone 2 steps forward and one back.

New
long guns are now explicitly prohibited in 51% establishments, professional sporting events, correctional facilities, hospitals, nursing facilities, mental hospitals, amusement parks, civil commitment facilities, and open meetings of governmental entities

BBL

Feb 8, 2021
TX
The new 46.03 sign seems troubling, if TS LawShield's interpretation is correct. The sign does not even need to be present for the premises to be off-limits. So the way I interpret it (maybe incorrectly) sound like usual entrapment. You walk into an establishment, have not been given any effective notice and can be arrested for wrongdoing. Am I reading it wrong?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
The new 46.03 sign seems troubling, if TS LawShield's interpretation is correct. The sign does not even need to be present for the premises to be off-limits. So the way I interpret it (maybe incorrectly) sound like usual entrapment. You walk into an establishment, have not been given any effective notice and can be arrested for wrongdoing. Am I reading it wrong?
Though the 46.03 sign is new, most of the places covered by it were already off-limits under 46.035. HB1927 deleted 46.035 and moved all those places under 46.03.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I thought those places were known to be off limits as far as guns were concerned.

ETA: Ninja'd.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Forum statistics